Chapter 28 - Recovery [Part 1]

OK, I'm thinking that this story will finish soon because I honestly haven't got a lot left to write. I didn't think it would end the way it will, but I think it's fitting... :3
Sorry 'Tall, Dark and Arrogant' fans!

Hope you enjoy ...

Chapter 28 - Recovery [Part 1]

Indigo~

I woke up to the sound of hospital monitors beeping.I tried to sit up but found that I couldn't.

Instead, I noticed strong, warm hands held me in place.

'Where...?' I trailed off. My throat felt as dry as sandpaper and I immediately burst into coughing fits. 'Where am I?' I finished, voice raspy. A headache threatened its way into the centre of my skull.

Adrian stroked my arm tenderly. 'You're in a hospital.' He said. I didn't miss his look of remorse. 

'Why?' Just then I remembered the scene in the park. I'd been stabbed. By Ashley.

'The baby!' I exclaimed. My skin became cold and clammy when I noticed Adrian's face contorting into one of anguish. 'No...' I immediately thought of the worst case scenario.

Tightly, I gripped his hand. 'Tell me the baby's OK!' I sounded desperate.

Adrian sucked in a breath. 'The baby's fine, but...'

'But?'

He paused, looking like he was considering what he was going to say next. 'But there's a chance that you might not make it when you deliver.'

The world stopped. 'What?' My head felt fuzzy. Gently, Adrian stroked my cheek with his other hand as I blinked at him in shock.

'I'm so sorry, Indigo.' He whispered. 'This is all my fault.'

But the words went in one ear and out the other.

Instead, images of my child growing up without its mother floated into my vision and consumed me with a vivid pain. I didn't know how much more I could take. Not after everything else.

There was a chance my child wouldn't be able to have a mother.

I cried.

The only thing that could've been worse than what had already happened to me was to have lost the baby --my heart constricted just thinking about it. But that wasn't what was happening, no. I didn't know if I should instead be grateful, despite being absolutely terrified.

Adrian held me and stroked my hair. 'Sshh,' He soothed. 'It will be OK.'

I wiped my cheeks and shook my head angrily. 'No it won't be OK! What makes you think that this will be OK?' I cried harder.

It was at that point he said something I'll never forget.

Adrian rubbed his forehead roughly before staring, unseeing, out of the window. 'I know what we have to do, Indigo.' He said it quietly, so quietly that if I hadn't had sensitive hearing I wouldn't have heard him.

His tone gave me goosebumps.

'What?' His head snapped back in my direction as if I'd pulled him out of a trance. 'What do you mean?' I asked him, stupidly.

Anguish filled his expression before he clenched his jaw.

Suddenly his eyes hardened. My heart fluttered. No.

'You will not be carrying that child any longer.'

This is really, really short but I think it just needed to stop there...

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW FOR MORE!

Xoxo