Chapter 4 - Unexpected Saviour

*EDITED VERSION AS OF 5TH JANUARY*

Chapter 4~ Unexpected Saviour

It was quarter to seven in the evening.

The house was quiet as I slid into my white cocktail dress for the night which exposed most of my thighs, and slipped on my expensive matching white heels.

The dress was similar to Stacey's in that it was almost backless, except mine had random slits down the front giving a hip and somewhat stylish 'worn' effect as it exposed my bare skin in several places.

It was a nice contrast compared to my effortless and elegant heels which had miniature diamonds attached to the straps that glistened even in the dim light.

Slowly, I applied some bright red lipstick as well as heavy eye shadow and mascara, and then sprayed myself with the latest Dior perfume. My hair was stylishly clipped up in some places to create my fringe, but flowed down my back like an almost black curtain. When I was ready I grabbed my matching strappy purse which sparkled and contained my essentials, before sneaking down onto the ground floor.

I could faintly hear my mother laughing with my father and brother in another room, but apart from that there was silence.

When I managed to successfully get through the French doors without being seen, I ran as fast as I could in my heels to Stacey's house (which would've been a blur to the human eye), and threw small pebbles at her window.

A few seconds later she opened it and poked her head out, giving me an excited squeal. Then carefully, she grabbed hold of the sturdy tree branch which was conveniently placed beside her window before slowly climbing down the tree, careful not to ruin her dress.

When she landed I arched my eyebrow at her mockingly. 'Impressive.' I stated.

She gave me a smug grin. 'I've had to get better over the years seeing as, you know, I have you as a friend.' We giggled together before she grabbed my arm and began to pull me in another direction.

'Come on, it's this way,' she said as I let her drag me down the narrow road that led from her house and eventually widened into a country lane.

When we reached the bus stop she was already shivering from the cold and was rubbing her arms thoroughly as the excitement and adrenaline wore off slightly. 'I hope the bus gets here soon.' She said.

As if on cue, the bus came driving around the corner and stopped in front of us.

Quickly, we climbed on and kept to ourselves as the bus dutifully led us into town. About an hour and twenty minutes and several stops later we found ourselves standing outside the nightclub and had to stop ourselves from screaming like raving lunatics.

'Come on!' Stacey practically screamed as she dragged us into the long queue where we waited for about half an hour until we got to the front.

My heart was thumping loudly in my chest when we showed the body guard our ID's, and my heart nearly stopped when he paused to scrutinise us both carefully. After what seemed like an eternity he finally let us through and we entered the hippest club in town which is a moment I would never forget.

Once we got inside I was immediately taken aback at the sight. Everywhere around us lights flashed and bodies were grinding against each other as the heavy bass track filled the room and reverberated against the walls.

'Whoa..!' I heard Stacey scream as we both struggled to take in our surroundings. Awestruck, I was able to do nothing but give her a nod in return.