Chapter 12- Getting to Know Him

Hope you like...

Dedicated to my wonderful best friend outside of Wattpad. I love you so much! :*

Chapter 12 - Getting To Know Him

The day passed slowly much to my disappointment. I tried asking my father why Adrian was being permitted to stay in the guest wing and was allowed to remain in our home, but he wouldn't give me a straight answer.

From the snippets of conversation I'd overheard between my father, Roland and Miguel, it seemed that rejecting Adrian's offer wouldn't be as easy as I'd hoped. Possibly because of Adrian's wealth and high status, much to my disappointment.

That was something that I definitely couldn't sabotage.

Being careful to studiously avoid Carlos at all costs, I explored some of the older rooms of the house that I hadn't visited in a while before finding myself stood in our smallest private library.

Quickly, I walked over to the large window seat, taking with me my favourite classic, 'Wuthering Heights.' After about thirty minutes of reading I began to get drowsy and almost fell asleep with the book in my lap.

When I heard mutters coming from  further on down the corridor outside, I hastily decided to shut the book before hiding amongst a row of shelves in the furthest corner of the room. I managed to duck just from their view just as the library doors were opened. 

'Yeah, you need to read it. It's in here somewhere - over there.'

I scowled as I recognised the voice to be Eva's and hid even lower behind the safety of the shelves.

'What's the title of the book?' An amused voice asked as they followed an enthusiastic- sounding Eva who was currently rummaging through the shelves on the opposite side of the room.

'Wuthering heights.' She giggled nervously as she continued looking through the shelf, Carlos joining in to help. 'It's a classic.' Her voice had taken on a dreamy tone as she spoke of my favourite book that I was now currently holding.

There was a sound of shuffling followed by a brief pause. 'It's not here.' The disappointment in her voice was evident and I had to fight back a smirk. Score one to Indigo, I thought.

From where I was sitting I glared as Carlos suddenly grabbed hold of Eva's waist causing her to shriek. 'I could think of something that else we could do instead.' He murmured against her neck as he held her tightly.

I rolled my eyes just as Eva's stupid giggles and gasps turned into something much more... heated.

I was dying inside.

Out of all the places Carlos and his stupid human mate and lover could've gone, it had to be in the library - the one place I'd thought that would forever be my resting place, as it had been when I was slightly younger.

Now, whenever I came here all I would have were memories filled with Carlos and Eva's passionate make out which made me sick to the stomach just thinking about.

I knew it was about to get even worse when I saw Carlos hoist Eva against the shelves with her legs wrapped around her waist, and before my eyes became burned by the sight I instantly stood, slamming my favourite book on one of the shelves for emphasis.

They both jolted as if they'd had an electric current been zapped up their spines and their expressions of guilt and horror just said it all.

No doubt the library would've been the next place ticked off their list for which they'd made love.

Ignoring my burning cheeks, I tried my very best to push down the pain that was twisting itself around my heart, before giving them the bitchiest glare I had ever given another vampire.