Chapter 22 - No Escape

Dedicated to @Rachaelgasparini for being so, so amazing and for supporting all of my works and for just being so encouraging. Thank you! :)

Chapter 22 - No Escape

['For how long can you avoid the inevitable..?']

I paled. 'Get out.'

Adrian hissed, causing even Lily to crouch away in fear. If we hadn't been Destined I would've cowered away much like Lily had.

Gone was the Adrian I knew, and replacing him was this.. Thing. This monster.

He snarled at me before narrowing his eyes at Lily. 'You.' He ground out. 'You took what was mine.' His voice sounded demonic, deeper than it usually was.

Before I had to time to scream out, Adrian rushed towards Lily, choking her against the wall. When I did manage to scream, the whole corridor was alerted and my parents came running in, followed by my brother and several doctors.

They all scrambled to try and remove Lily from Adrian's death grip before he could do some serious damage, and when they eventually pulled him away my older cousin wheezed feebly as she was aided out the room.

The room went silent as my father looked ready to tear something to shreds.

'What was the meaning of that, Adrian?' My father asked calmly as the door was closed, but underneath there was a storm brewing.

I cringed against my pillows.

Adrian's eyes only darkened in anger and I cowered again as deep red veins began to spread across his face and hands.

Only the most powerful of vampires could do what he was doing - and only when they'd completely submitted to their beast.

Much like Adrian.

It was an extremely rare sight to be seen - by any vampire.

As he stood, he looked formidable. His beast was certainly powerful.

When he spoke not even my father could command him otherwise - his beast was in charge. 'I want her to be taken with me. Immediately.' It commanded.

My father bowed his head at the unfamiliar creature and then left the room to speak to the doctors who were now stood outside.

Another rule about those who were Destined: once a command was made to do with one's "other half" it had to be obeyed with no questions asked.

My father had no other choice but to stand down to Adrian and that fact alone scared me as my father never stood down.

At this rate, Adrian could do with me as he wished.

When my father re-entered the room he spoke. 'They have arranged transport for you to take her back to your home. She will leave shortly.' He looked beyond angry, but for obvious reasons couldn't object.

The King had been put in his place. I almost laughed.

When my parents reluctantly said goodbye my stomach clenched. I cheered up when I noticed my brother looked very much like he wanted to give Adrian a black eye, but only slightly.

'I'll see you soon, sis.' Was all he said before leaving the room.

I slumped as I realised I was left to face the monster before me.

Adrian's bloodshot eyes burnt holes into my head. 'Why?' He rasped out. I couldn't get used to this side of him.

My palms began to sweat. 'I-'

Adrian picked up the spare IV stand which stood in the corner of the room and hurtled it against the wall - just several feet away from me. I flinched.