Chapter 29 - Unhappy Reunion

Carlos~

I had no right to be doing this, not after what I'd put her through.

None at all.

But I was pissed.

The minute my father and I had been told about Indigo's life-threatening situation I had seen nothing but red. I'd imagined nothing but killing Adrian with my bare hands and I would he damned if I didn't. He was going to pay for what he'd done.

If Indigo thought that she was going to die for some untimely mistake that had come back to bite her in the ass, then she could think again. She could die, damnit, and that just couldn't happen. It wouldn't. I wouldn't let it.

I retracted my fangs.

My father hadn't been able to stop me when I'd told him what I was about to do, and if he had good sense he wouldn't tell Indigo's parents either.

I was doing this for Indigo's own sake and for that reason nothing could deter me.

If I couldn't convince her to give up that blasted child then so help me I would tear the foetus from her womb myself.

Slamming my fists against the steering wheel with a roar, I drove at top speed towards the private hospital just a few miles away.

Indigo~

I was startled out of my dream when I heard a large commotion coming from outside.

There were raised voices and it sounded like things were getting smashed. When the commotion became nearer I silently begged for it to be over  before it reached me. I didn't think I'd be able to protect myself or the baby in the state I was in and if it was Ashley... Well.

'Where is she?!' A familiar voice shouted. My stomach did somersaults. I knew that voice.

Suddenly the door was slammed open and in the doorway stood Carlos panting heavily.

'Carlos?'

His face was flushed, and I could see a vein standing out on his forehead as he clenched his jaw tightly.

His eyes narrowed as they reached mine. 'I can't let you do this.' He said in a tight voice.

I recoiled from him, heart beating frantically. Surely he didn't know about the baby just yet? 'Do what?' I asked. I'm sure I already knew the answer.

'JUST KILL IT!' He roared as he rushed towards me. I jumped up out of the bed and scooted towards the corner of the room.

Standing there, I braced myself for impact but nothing came. It wasn't until I'd registered what he'd just commanded of me that the black spots began to dance across my vision.

How dare he?

I didn't know how he'd managed to find out so soon, but if he thought he'd get away with what he'd just said to me, I'd soon show him otherwise.

'No,' I hissed as my fingernails extended and my fangs grew unusually sharp. I could barely comprehend what was happening to me as my eyes targeted the monster in front of me with narrowed eyes. I probably looked just like Adrian had.

He took a step forward menacingly. 'It will kill you!' He boomed. 'You can't keep it, Indigo. Kill it!'

With a roar, I immediately grabbed hold of his wrists to stop him from shaking me and threw him across the room. 'STAY AWAY FROM ME!' I screamed like a demented animal and kicked him as hard as I could in the stomach, before drawing blood across his face with my nails.

The doctors couldn't get me off him fast enough even though I'd barely been at it for thirty seconds. When Carlos stood he looked like a bloodied mess.

He wiped the blood from his face as he growled.

Where the hell had these people been when Carlos had first barged in? I thought angrily to myself as my attention switched to the nurse who was now pulling me towards the bed.

Carlos scowled, stepping closer. 'You're making a mistake.' He really was being relentless.

My nails retracted again. 'You don't know what you're talking about.' I  spat.

And what did he care? He was nothing to do with any of this.

Before I could even ask the question, Adrian came storming in looking between us for a split second before smashing his fist into Carlos's nose.

'That's for interfering you son of a bitch.' Adrian spat as Carlos clutched at his face.

I was tone between cheering and scowling at what had just happened. 'Adrian this is none of your concern--'

He ignored me. Carlos stood to his full height and raised his fist.

Before he could do anything, the pair of them were hustled out by security. I shook my head in exasperation and followed them out, despite the nurse's protest.

They seemed to be immersed in an argument.

'-- no right --'

'--none of your business!'

Just then my father came storming up the corridor, an angry expression on his face.

Could it have gotten any worse? Probably not.

I almost slapped my hand to my forehead.

My father reached. 'Carlos, what is this? This is not how I expect you to behave when affiliated with this family.' Just then he noticed me standing there. 'Indigo go to your room!'

I ignored him and instead focused my attention on Carlos. It took everything I had not to punch him in the face and break his swollen nose, but I had to make him understand that what he'd said to me just wasn't acceptable.

Looking him squarely in the eye, I stood up straight. 'I don't ever want to see you here again, do I make myself clear?' He frowned. 'I'll say this once and I won't be saying it again - this baby is mine and Adrian's not yours. So don't ever tell me what to do regarding my child again!'

This time I addressed all three of them. I made sure to keep my voice unwavering, despite how uncertain I was of my own future. 'I'm keeping this baby and no one will tell me otherwise.' They all looked displeased. 'No one.' I emphasised.

When Carlos tried to speak up, Adrian glared at him. 'This is none of your concern.' He said to Carlos as he clenched his jaw.

Carlos scowled darkly. He turned to face me. 'Can I have a word with you?' He stared Adrian down before facing me again. 'In private?'

Slowly, I nodded, giving Adrian a warning look. This was going to be a long day.

Addressing my father and Adrian I told them to give us some privacy as I stepped into my hospital room.

Carlos followed.

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.