Prologue

Dedicated to @pastelpixies for the beautiful cover!

Prologue~

I was surrounded in darkness; stood in the kitchen when I saw a tall, dark haired vamp leaning against the wall. To say I was startled would be an understatement.

"Do I know you?" I breathed out as I removed my hand from my chest. Even in the darkness I could see that he was well-built and handsome and the large space between us seemed to melt away into nothingness as I gazed at his features. Something was pulling me towards him.

He smiled, his fangs showing clearly in the moonlight. "No, but I'd like to get to know you."

Immediately, I blushed.

As I scrambled my way over the tiled floor to reach the barstool - well, anything really - for support, he seemed unfazed if not slightly amaused.

"Ooh, you felt that." Even his voice sounded all heavenly and delicious - like syrupy pancakes. He was starting to get on my nerves.

"What are you doing here?" I spoke as I watched him carelessly inspect his nails. He looked past me around the darkened room.

"Is your father awake?" Obviously he'd decided to ignore me.

"Why?" My heart was pounding through my chest again, louder this time. Why was he having this effect on me? And what did he want with my father? "Is he in danger?" I whispered.

When he grinned I felt that tingle again. It was highly disturbing yet strangely pleasurable and rode all the way down south. Yikes. I made a show of staring at the marble counter.

"No."

Then...?

"I would like to ask permission for your hand in marriage."