01⛥

~Present Time~

((Sam's POV))

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock beeping at me to get out of bed. I didn't want to. It was the first day back to school; the first day of my junior year. It was also my first school year without my parents being here to help through everything that might happen.

I groan as I rolled out of my bed and turned off my alarm. I walked to the bathroom that Harper and I share while dragging my feet across the ground.

I got myself ready for school then went downstairs into the kitchen where my uncle Elton and sister Harper were.

"Hey, Sam." Elton gave me a smile. "Hey." I said back. "Want some coffee?" He asked. "Yes, please." I nodded then he gave me a cup of coffee.

As I was drinking my coffee, I was thinking about what everyone was going to say to me at school. I really haven't talked to anyone since the day of my parents funeral.

I just need to smile and act like I'm okay. I'm going to say that I'm fine when people ask me how I'm doing. I can't let myself be the sad, weak, boy who lost his parents. That's the only way I can make it through this.

I can tell that Harper is going through this worse than I am. She hasn't been talking as much as she used to and she's a chatter box. Harper has been starting to drink even though she's only 15, and she's been smoking.

Elton doesn't know anything about this though because Harper's been spending all her time up in her room, or somewhere with other stoners.

After around 20 minutes, I heard my phone beep. I looked at it and saw that my one of my best friends texted me that she was here. She was going to drive me to school today. Harper had already left.

"Okay, my rides here." I said, getting my school bag. "Okay. Have a good day." Elton smiled and I returned it. "I will." I said before leaving.

I walked over to the familiar car that was parked in my driveway, and hopped into the passenger seat.

"Hey, Sammy! How are you doing?" My friend, Tara, asked. "I'm doing okay. It was hard during the first few weeks but now I'm starting to heal and the sadness is slowly going away." I said with a small smile. "That's good. But you know you can talk to me if that changes. Right?" Tara asked. I nodded. "Of course. Now let's go. We don't wanna be late on our first day."

~Time Skip~

When we got to school, people kept surrounding me and asking if I was okay. Like what I did with Tara, I said that I was fine. I just don't want people to worry about me.

Tara and I were finally left alone and at my locker, just talking, when my other best friend came up to us.

"SAM! Are you okay? I'm so, so, so sorry I haven't called or texted. I didn't have any phone service where me and my mom were-" Devyn tried saying. "Dev, it's fine- I'm fine. Stop worrying." I smiled which she gladly returned.

"Group hug now? Please?" Devyn said and the three of us laughed then hugged each other in a big group hug. I will admit, right now I was feeling happy. Not as happy as I used to be, but at least I was happy. Tara and Devyn have been my best friends since like... forever ago. They always know how to cheer me up.

We soon pulled away from the hug, knowing that it was almost time for classes to start.

"Let's walk to math together." I said because we all had math first period. Tara and Devyn nodded then we started to head for math.

While we were walking, we saw someone in the secretary's office since the room has windows for walls, and from what I could tell from his backside, he was pretty damn hot.

And yes, I'm gay. Do I care if people support me or not? Nope. Plus, nobody at this school even really cares about who you like. All most of them care about are either drugs, or sex. It's the 21th century. You can't expect anything else from teenagers.

"Who is he?" I heard Devyn ask as we kept looking at the mystery boy. "I don't know." Tara responded. I was about to respond when I saw through the corner of my eye, Harper going into the bathroom with a cigarette in her hand.

"I'll be right back." I said to Tara and Devyn before following Harper into the bathroom.

"What the f*ck?!" I instantly said once I got in. "Sam the f*ck? You can't be in here!" Harper said. "Yeah that's nice.. It's not even nine in the morning, and you're already starting!" I yelled. "I'm sorry! I'm just trying to cope with everything..." She defended herself.

I sighed. "I know... but you're slowly killing yourself in the process. You're my sister and I don't want to lose you, too." I told her. "I know that, Sam... I just wish that they were still here..." Harper sniffled a bit. "Me too, Harps. But we just need to be strong. That's what mom and dad would want." I said. "You're right." Harper nodded.

We shared a quick and loving hug before I walked out of the bathroom, only to be bumped into by none other than the mysterious boy from the office. And I thought he looked hot from the back. The front is just... wow...

He had piercing blue eyes, chocolate brown hair with turquoise tips, a nose stud, and a couple of ear piercings.

"Oh- I'm sorry." He said. "Um, it's fine." I let out a small and nervous laugh. "Hey, um... isn't that the girls bathroom..?" The guy asked. I started to feel myself heat up. "Um... I- uh... I was helping someone deal with some stuff and it required me to go in there... yeah..." I said. Even though I was telling the truth, it still sounded like a lie.

Soon... the bell rang.

-------------

((First actual chapter is done! How did you like it? I'm going to try and make the chapters in this book 600 words or more))

1070 words

UNEDITED