03⛥

((Sam's POV))

"Hey, are you okay?" I heard a slightly familiar voice say. I looked up and saw the Brock guy standing there. "I um- yeah. I'm fine." I nodded. "Here." He held out his hand and helped me up.

"Thanks." I smiled. "No problem." He smiled back. "I'm Colby by the way." He said. "Sam." I told him. "I know. We have History together." Colby chuckled a bit.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Colby spoke after a few seconds of silence. "Hm?" I said. "Did you hurt yourself? When you fell?" He asked again. "Oh, uh, I don't know." I said. I rolled up my pant leg and saw a big cut just under my knee and it was gushing blood. Colby looked away.

"Oh. That's not pretty." I said a bit quietly as I looked at it. "You should go take care of that." Colby told me as I kept looking at the cut. "No, really, it's nothing-" When I looked back up Colby was gone.

~Time Skip~

"Harps you coming? I'm leaving now." I said as I knocked on her door. I heard no response. I was about to go in but then I saw Elton coming out from his room. "Do you know where Harper is?" I asked him. "Yeah. She already left for The Grill." He answered. I sighed. "Okay, well I guess I'm gonna go now too. See you later." I said then walked down the stairs.

When I got to the door I opened it and I saw Colby standing there which gave me a bit of a shock. "Oh, hi." I said. "Hey. I wanted to apologize for disappearing before. I know it was a bit... strange." Colby told me. "It's fine. I get it. Blood makes you squeamish." I said. "Yeah, something like that." He shrugged.

There was a short silence.

"Anyways, how's your leg?" Colby asked. "It's okay. I've had worse... how did you know where I lived?" I asked. "I asked a few people. Um, I thought that you might want this back." Colby said as he handed me my journal. "Don't worry, I didn't read it." He mentioned as I took it from him his hand. "You didn't? Most people would've." I commented. "Well I'm not like most people." Colby said.

"Well, I'm going to bring this upstairs. You don't have to stay out there." I told him. I saw Colby start to come in but he stops. Well he didn't stop coming in, it was like there was an invisible door blocking him from coming in. "I'm fine. I'll just stay out here." Colby said. I just shrugged off my thought and quickly ran upstairs to put my diary away.

I ran back down and was happy to see that Colby was still there.

"Hey, um, were you going somewhere?" Colby asked. "Yeah. I'm going to The Grill to meet some friends. Wanna come?" I offered. "Yeah, sure. Why not?" He smiled which made me smile.

Colby offered to drive, so we got into his car and he started driving us to The Grill. We arrived within 10 minutes.

When the two of us walked in, I could see Mike, my ex, talking to Tara and Devyn. When he saw me, he started walking towards Colby and me, with Tara and Dev following him shortly after.

"Hey, Sam." Mike said with a small smile. "Hey." I said back. Mike turned to Colby. "Hey, I'm Mike, nice to meet you." He put out his hand for Colby to shake. "Hi. Colby. Germaphobe." Colby responded. I knew he was lying. Mike lowered his hand.

There was a few short seconds of awkward silence.

"Anywho, were you born here? In Kansas?" Devyn asked Colby. "Mhm. I moved when I was young, though." He answered. "Parents?" Tara then asked. "No, they died." Colby said in a calm voice. "I'm sorry to hear that." I said sadly. Knowing what it's like to lose your parents. "It's fine. It was a while ago." He told us. "Do you have any siblings?" I asked. "None that I talk to. I live on my own." Colby said.

"What's your sexuality?" Tara blurted out, out of the blue. I cocked my head towards her with wide-eyes. Colby let out a chuckle. "I'm bisexual." He said. Tara and Devyn smirked at me. Mike just looked a bit jealous. "Okay- OH! Since you're new, you don't know about the party tomorrow!" Devyn almost yelled. "It's just a back-to-school thing. Nothing important." Mike said. "Don't listen to him. You should come. It'll be fun!" Tara smiled.

Colby leaned his head towards me. "Are you going?" He asked me in a lower voice. "Of course he's going!" Tara said. "Sure." Colby smiled. "Great! Well, Tara and I are gonna go... somewhere. Sooo bye!" Devyn said then dragged Tara away. I could hear them giggling. I mentally rolled my eyes. "Imma go hang with some friends. Nice seeing you Sam. And nice meeting you." Mike said before walking away.

It was now me and Colby.

"I like your friends." Colby laughed. "Thanks. Although Mike isn't really my friend." I said. Colby gave me a confused look. "He's my ex." I told him. Colby made an 'O' shape with his mouth. "So you're..." He dragged the 'you're' out, sounding like he was waiting for an answer. "Gay. I'm gay." I said and he nodded.

"Wanna drink? Colby asked. "I'm only 17. I can't." I said. "C'mon, it'll be fine. Just one drink." He begged. "Fine. But how are you even supposed to get us something? You're like what? 16? 17?" I asked. "I'm, uh- 17. And don't worry, I got my ways." Colby walked away from me and went over to the bar. A couple of minutes after that he came back holding two glasses of a type of alcohol.

"Here you go." Colby handed me a glass. "It's beer." He mentioned. I nodded then gulped it down. "For someone who didn't want any before you sure did drink that fast." Colby laughed. "I didn't want anyone to see me with it." I said which made Colby laugh more. "Yeah, sure you did."

Colby and I talked for a couple more hours before deciding to leave. During the night we eventually started talking with Tara and Devyn, and I also introduced Colby to Harper. They seem to be getting along fine which I'm happy about.

"Bye, Colby." I waved to him as Harper and I were about to go into our house. Colby gave her a ride back because she was a bit tipsy. "Bye, Sam! Bye, Harper!" Colby waved back then and drove away soon after.

"C'mon. Let's get you inside." I said as I helped Harper inside. "Sam, I can still walk." She argued. "I know but I still don't want you almost falling." I told her.

Harper let out a groan as she walked up the stairs, occasionally tripping and tipping over.

We made it upstairs, and I helped Harper to her room. I then went into my room and started getting ready for bed. Before I go to sleep, I always like to write stuff down in my journal, so I got it out and started to write in it,

'Dear, Diary,

Tonight was amazing. I actually felt really happy. And I'm not just saying that. It was like all of my problems faded away. I loved spending time with Colby. I felt safe around him. The one thing that made my night a bit bad was finding out that Harper was one glass away from getting completely drunk. I need to do something about her. I don't want her to keep living like this. Harper probably smokes a pack a day, plus she also drinks. She's only 15! Elton doesn't even know about this. I don't know how he doesn't. I think that I should tell him. It's for Harper's health. I don't want another one of my family members dying. Especially Harper. I love her, she's my only sister. Losing her would be like losing half my heart...'

I decided to stop writing because I felt like I was about to start crying. I closed my journal and put it away before going to bed.

Once my head hit my pillow... I was out like a light

-------------

((I wasn't going to update today but I did))

1405 words

UNEDITED