014⛥

((Sam's POV))

"SAM! WAKE UP!" I heard my Elton yell from beside me. I groaned as I turned and looked up at him. "What?" I asked. "YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL, THAT'S WHAT!" He yelled again. My eyes widened as I looked at my clock. It read 10:25 am.

"Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t!" I said as I jumped out of bed. "Watch your language, Samuel." Elton said sternly. "Sorry!" I responded as I ran all over my room, collecting my clothes for the day.

"Hurry up, I'll drive you to school. Meet me in the car." Elton said as I ran into the bathroom so that I could change and finish getting ready. It took me around 5 minutes to do everything: get changed and brush my teeth.

I ran out of the bathroom and almost out the door of my room, but then I remembered the bracelet and ring that Cole gave me last night. I quickly went over to my bedside table and grabbed them. 

I slipped the ring onto my right middle finger, and the bracelet onto my left wrist, then ran outside to Elton's car, grabbing my backpack on the way. I got into the passenger seat and buckled up. "Sorry for being late." I said to Elton as he pulled out of the driveway. "Don't say sorry to me. Say sorry to your teacher." He told me. 

"Also, I'm going on a business trip for my job so I won't be back for maybe 6 months. Maybe see if you can stay at one of your friends house until I get back. As well as Harper. Bring her with you so that you can watch her." Elton mentioned. "Okay." I simply said

Elton's job requires him to go on business trips around the world once every year or two for 2-3 months. He took a break after mine and Harper's parents died, so he needs to go for a longer period of time now.

We stayed silent for the rest of the ride, with me looking out of my window and Elton's eyes on the road.

"Thank you!" I thanked Elton as I hopped out his car. I waved a 'bye' then ran inside the school. I went to my locker to get my things for second period. There was maybe twenty minutes left of this class, so I still had time to get to it. 

After I got my required books, I sprinted over to my class and got there within a minute. 

I opened the door and walked in. All eyes were on me. I hated being the center of attention. I'm weird and awkward and just don't like being watched by lots o f people. 

"Mr. Golbach. Care to explain why you are late to my class?" My Science teacher, Mr. Crouch, asked. He always sounded mean. Mr. Crouch kind of reminds me of Professor Snape from Harry Potter. "I slept in." I said as I walked over to an empty desk in the back of the room. "Maybe tonight you will be smart enough to set an alarm." Mr. Crouch said. 

I rolled my eyes and sat in my seat. 

"Keep rolling your eyes, Golbach. Maybe someday you'll find a brain back there." Everyone in the class said 'oohh!' because I just got roasted by my like... seventy-old teacher. It really p*ssed me off. 

"I would love to insult you but I'm afraid that I won't do as well as nature." I suddenly blurted out. I honestly didn't mean to, though. "How dare you disrespect me like that?" Mr. Crouch asked, offended. "Hey, I was just basically describing you." I said, raising my hands in defense. The whole class erupted in laughter. 

"That's ENOUGH!" Mr. Crouch yelled. "Golbach! Detention after school for the next week!" He then told me in an angry voice. I feel bad for the next classes he has. They are all going to have to deal with Mr. Crouch's anger. 

Oh, no. Colby has him after lunch. Hopefully he won't get onto Mr. Crouch's bad side. I won't be surprised if he gives his whole class detention or even massive piles of homework. 

The rest of class went by slowly, with Mr. Crouch constantly yelling at me and a few other people, and telling me that answers I got are wrong  even though they're right. If he doesn't like me then he shouldn't talk to me. Problem solved.

Anyways, once the bell rang, indicating that it was now lunch period, I got out of my seat and walked out of the classroom- well... I attempted to.

Mr. F*ck Face Crouch called me back in.

"What has gotten into you, Samuel?" He asked me. I shrugged. I really didn't know what has gotten into me. "Of course you know." Mr. Crouch spat. "And whoever said that the bell dismisses you?" He asked. "Whoever came up with the idea of the bell-" "WRONG! And guess what? The bell doesn't dismiss you, I do!" Mr. Crouch yelled. "If the bell doesn't tell me when to leave then it doesn't tell me when to arrive." I said then walked out of the class, leaving Mr. Crouch speechless.

I walked into the cafeteria, and saw Devyn and Colby sitting at a table, look at their phones. I walked over to them and sat beside Colby.

Before I could even say hi, Devyn had said, "Holy sh*t, Sam! You're a f*cking savage!" I looked at her confused. "Did you really say those things to Mr. Crouch?" Colby then asked. Now I know what they were talking about.

"Oh, yeah I did." I said. "I would never be able to do that." Devyn turned off her phone and looked at me. "How do you guys even know what happened?" I asked. "Someone recorded it then posted ot on the school blog." Colby answered. "Everyone's gonna be talking about it for weeks now." Devyn said.

"Oh, that reminds me, I'll be right back. I need to call Elton and tell him about my detention." I said then left the table.

I walked out of the noisy cafeteria and called him. Elton answered. I told him what happened. He of course wasn't happy, but was proud that I said something instead of being quiet.

After a couple more minutes of just chatting, we hung up and I went back into the cafeteria.

"I'm back." I said as I returned to my spot beside Colby. "I was starting to get lonely with just Devyn here." He said then laid his head on my shoulder, which made me lay my head on his.

"I'm not even upset about what Colby said. Y'all are too cute." Devyn said while looking at us. I smiled at Colby then interlocked our fingers which were on the table. I felt Colby move his head a bit then he kissed my neck. 

"Guys, not here." Devyn said which made me giggle. Colby then lifted me up and put me on his lap. I started smiling more. Soon, Devyn's phone rang. "I need to take this, it's my dad, I'll be right back. And don't be making out when I come back." She said then walked away.

I wonder why her dad is calling? He and Devyn's mom divorced when we were six years old and only visited a few times. He hasn't been a big part of Devyn's life. Oh! That reminds me-

"Colbs?" I looked at Colby. "Yes, Sammy?" He asked. "Elton isn't going to be around for a couple days and he doesn't want Harper and I to be alone, so I was wondering if I could stay at yours?" I asked him. "Yeah, of course you can. Harper too." Colby said. "Thank you!" I smiled. "You're welcomed at my house anytime." He pecked my lips. 

Devyn then came back and looked like she was in a rush while grabbing some of the things she brought here to the cafeteria. Her eyes were also red and puffy. I think she was crying. 

"Dev, what's wrong-?" "I need to go Sam, I'm sorry." Devyn said then ran back out without another word.

I hope everything's okay...

-------------

((Ooooo what do you guys think happened??))

1388 words

UNEDITED