021⛥

((Sam's POV))

My heart was thumping loudly in my chest. I couldn't have heard her right. Could I? Colby doesn't kill people- he doesn't even drink human blood... I was speechless at the moment. Tara and Devyn were looking at me. I was zoned out and could feel their eyes burning into my skin.

"H-h-how do you kn-know?" I asked. "He told me." Devyn's voice was shakey. "Are you sure h-he wasn't j-just covering up for C-Cole?" I really hope that it wasn't Colby. He would've told me about it. Wouldn't he?

"Sam, Colby told me that he did it. He told me not to tell you but I had to." Devyn said. I felt my heart drop me my eyes fill up with tears. "Colby couldn't have killed her. I-I-I don't believe you." I stuttered. Colby is too kind, loving, compassionate to kill someone. He would have told me right after it happened if he did, though. He wouldn't keep it a secret. I know it. Colby is just too good to do something like that.

"You don't have to believe me, Sam. The truth is the truth." Devyn said. "NO! It's not the truth! Colby would never do that!" I yelled then got off of the bed and started walking out the door. "Sam! Where are you going?" Tara asked as she and Devyn followed me. "I'm going to see Colby." I said and kept on walking.

I was outside waiting by Tara's car for a few seconds before she came outside. Devyn was behind her. I rolled my eyes as they approached me.

"Sam-" "No! I don't want to hear it! I need to hear it from Colby." I turned away. "What's the difference?" Devyn asked. "You're going to hear it anyways." She said. "I just really don't want it to be true." I faced them again, but this time with tears flowing down my face.

Tara and Devyn came closer towards me and hugged me tightly. "How about we come with you to talk to Colby?" Tara suggested. I shook my head. "I want to talk to him alone." I told them. "Well I need to come anyways since I have to drive you." Tara said. "I know... b-but could you just go home after? If it is true then I need to be alone." I asked. "Of course." Tara nodded.

Tara and I said bye to Devyn then left for Colby's house. There was silence the whole time. You could probably only hear my heart thumping loudly in my chest, getting louder and faster the closer we got.

We arrived after 15 minutes. I was nervous. Why? I don't know. I have this feeling in my gut that's telling me Colby did kill Devyn's mom but I trying my hardest to ignore it.

"You sure you don't want me to come?" Tara asked. "Yeah I'm sure." I nodded with a small smile. "Okay. Good luck." She said before I got out of the car. "Thank you."

I got out of Tara's car and walked up to the front door. I opened it then walked in.

I heard movement in the living room so I walked there first.

"Colby?" I spoke as I walked in. "Nope. Even better. Me." Guess who? Cole. Ugh. I mentally rolled my eyes. "Where's Colby. I need to talk to him." I asked. "He's... somewhere." Cole said. "Where's 'somewhere'?" I questioned. "If I knew then I would tell you." He told me. "Really?" I asked, not believing him. "Depends on my mood." Cole shrugged.

"Anyways, what do you need to talk to him about?" Cole asked. "That's none of your business." I sassed. "Does it have something to do about Colby maybe doing something to someone?" He guessed. I blinked in shock at the accuracy. "How did- do you know what he did?" I asked. "That depends what you're talking about." Cole said.

"Do you know if Colby killed Devyn's mom?" I blurted out. "Now we're getting somewhere." Cole grinned. "Just answer the God damn question." I almost yelled. "No need to shout, Sammykins." Cole said. "And yes I do know." He told me. "And did he?" I asked in suspense and walked closer to Cole.

"Do you want to know?" Cole asked me, and he seemed a bit... I don't know... concerned maybe? "I wouldn't be asking if I didn't." I said. "So you're one hundred percent sure that you want to know?" He double checked. "...no, I'm not." I admitted with a sigh. "But can you please just tell me?" I asked. "Fine... but I think you might want to sit for this." Cole said.

I walked over to the couch and sat on it. Cole sat beside me.

"Don't talk until I'm done, okay?" Cole told me. I nodded. "So... Colby actually did kill Devyn's mom-" He stopped talking once he saw the look on my face. My heart sank low into my chest and my head started to spin. "Wh-why?" I felt tears start to fill my eyes. "There's something about Colby that you don't know." Cole said. I gave him a confused look.

"Colby is a type of vampire called a Ripper." He told me. "He was the first, and I think the only Ripper in the entire vampire species." Cole continued. "A Ripper is a vampire that whenever they get a taste of human blood, it's nearly impossible for them to stop. Rippers drain all the blood from the human's body, and almost always ends up ripping a limb off." Cole explained. "That's what happened to Devyn's mom. Colby got a taste of human blood, then went into Ripper mode and her and tore off her head." He told me.

"I..." I was lost for words. I didn't know what to say. Why wouldn't Colby tell me? I thought I could trust him but now I don't know. He has been lying to me about not killing people. He could've killed me.

I didn't know I was crying until I felt a soft thumb brush against my face, wiping away tears. I looked at Cole who was looking at me. Our eyes met which cause an eruption of butterflies in my stomach.

The moment was ruined my the voice of Colby saying, "Cole! I didn't mean to do it but I killed Sam's uncle-" He stopped once he saw me.

Could this day get any worse?

-------------

((I'm just killing off characters now...  I sorry 😔))

1093 words

UNEDITED