05⛥

((Colby's POV))

"Hello, Brother." My older brother, Cole, smirked at me. "When did you get here?" I asked. "Well, I couldn't miss your first day at school. Also, nice hair. I like it." He said as he walked further into the house. "It's been 15 years, Cole." I said and mentally rolled my eyes. "I missed my little bro." Cole came up to me and patted me on the back.

"Just tell me why you're here." I crossed my arms. "I could ask you the same question, but I already figured it out." Cole smiled his evil smile. "Oh, yeah? What might it be?" I asked. "Well, Colby, you have found someone that really sparks your interest. Their name starts with an S and ends with an M..." Cole said.

"Are you talking about Sam?" I questioned as I watched him take one of my bottles of bourbon and drink right out of it. "Ding, ding, ding! BINGO! Congratulations! You win nothing!!" Cole clapped. "Just get out of my house." I sighed. "Nuh uh, C bee. I'm not leaving. Besides, this is our house. Remember?" He smirked again.

"Oh, and also, when was the last time you had something stronger than a rabbit?" Cole asked. "I know what you're trying to do, and guess what? It's not gonna work." I shook my head. "Really? Come on. Don't you get any cravings from time to time? Don't you want to have sips of human blood?" Cole said. "Stop it." I said, my anger rising. "C'mon. I saw a few teenage girls out there. If we hurry up then we can still catch them. Or maybe we can go visit your boyfriend, Sam. I heard that he has a sister." Cole suggested. I quickly disagreed.

"First of all, Sam isn't my boyfriend, and second of all, we are not using him or his sister as human blood bags, OR any of our food." I almost yelled. "Come on, Colby. Imagine what his blood tastes like!" Cole licked his lips.

I could feel my face start to change.

"I can imagine it perfectly." Cole grinned evilly. "I said stop!" I yelled as I moved swiftly over to one of my chairs and broke it so that I had a sharp piece of wood. I then went over to Cole and pinned him against the wall. I did this within a second.

Cole just shoved me off without even trying.

"I will admit," He started, rubbing his hands together. "I was impressed. I'll give it a solid eight." Cole said. "You were very fast but not very strong. You need to work on that. And the face thing... I like it." He raised his eyebrows at the end.

"Y'know, Cole, it's all fun and games, huh? But wherever you go people die." I said. "That's part of the fun." Cole grinned. "You can't go killing people around here. I won't let you." I told him. "I'll take that as an invitation." He said. "Cole, please. After all these years just give it a rest." I begged.

In less than a second Cole was right in front of me and lifting me off of the ground by holding my throat. "I promised you an eternity of misery. I'm just keeping that promise." Cole said while looking me in the eyes.

He dropped me then left my room.

~The Next Day~

((Sam's POV))

I woke up feeling happy. And I'm not just saying that. I actually mean it. I don't why but today just felt like a really good day. I don't know why, but it just did.

I got myself ready for school, then happily went down stairs with a smile on my face.

"What's got you in a cheery mood today?" Elton asked me. "I don't know. I just feel good. Today feels good." I said. "Well I'm glad that you are happy." He smiled. I smiled back. "But, your mood is going to change if you don't hurry up for school because it starts soon." Elton said as he checked his watch.

"Oh- um- I'm gonna go now." I said after I saw the time. "Okay, bye!" I yelled as I left the house and closed the door behind me.

I got into Elton's car and started driving to school. Last night I asked if I could take his car to school and he said that I can. I just can't crash it.

I arrived at school just in time for my first class, which actually flew by pretty fast.

The whole day felt like it went by in a blur, actually. I'm fine with that, though. School isn't my favourite part of the day.

What I'm kinda sad about is that I haven't talked to Colby all day. We only saw each other in History. The teacher called us out because we weren't paying attention. We were apparently 'too busy staring at each other' to listen to the teacher.

"Hey, Sam. You wanna come with us to the grill?" Tara asked me as we were leaving the school. "Yeah, sure." I nodded. "I'll meet you guys there." I said as I got into Elton's car. 

I drove to the grill and when I got there Tara and Devyn were just getting out of their cars. 

"Long time no see, strangers." I said as we approached each other. "Yeah! How long has it even been?" Devyn asked. "I don't know... feels like 10 minutes ago to me." Tara said. "Geez... that's a long time..." I said with wide eyes. "It sure is..." Devyn responded in the same tone of voice as me.

The three of us shared a laugh as we headed inside. We got ourselves a table and sat down.

"Okay, Sam. You like Colby right?" Tara asked. I already knew where she was going with this. "Yeah. He's my friend." I answered. "I know you know what I mean." She said. "Yes I like him. How could I not?" I crossed my arms and leaned back into my chair.

"Sam, as your friends, we are going to be completely honest with you. Okay?" Devyn spoke. "Was the only reason you guys asked me to come was to ask me questions?" I asked. "Of course not! We also want to hang out with our best friend." Tara said.

"Okay... now continue with the questions please." I said which caused the three of us to laugh again.

~Time Skip bc idk what to write~

I was standing in front of Colby's front door. Why? You might ask. Well, while Tara, Devyn and I were talking, I realized that I shouldn't wait to tell Colby how I feel, because then I might be waiting a long time and one day I could eventually be too late.

I know that we haven't known each other for a long time, but I do really like him. I hope that he feels the same way about me.

I took a deep breath before knocking on the front door to his large house. It looked beautiful from the outside. I heard the door open as I was looking at the house.

I looked at the person who opened it with a small smile on my face. But when I saw the person, my smile quickly faded...

It wasn't Colby.

-------------

((These chapters are loooonggg. Not used to writing over 1000 word chapters for each one 😂 oooh well))

1242 words

UNEDITED