06⛥

((Sam's POV))

"Hello, there." It was a tall male, with dark brown hair that looked almost black. He had the same piercing blue eyes as Colby, but these ones were somehow... scarier? They made him look dangerous I guess you could say.

"Um, hi. Is Colby here?" I asked him. "Yes he is." The male said. There was soon silence between us. It wasn't awkward or peaceful. I don't really know how to explain it.

"You know you don't need to stay out there, right?" He spoke up, stepping out of the way for me to walk in. "Thanks." I said as he was leading me to the living room.

I was looking around at the house. The inside was much prettier than the outside. It was nice and old looking but also modern. I loved the red and brown theme that was taking over the house.

"So, you must be Sam." The male said. I nodded. "I'm Cole. Colby's brother." He said with a smile. "Colby didn't tell me he had a brother?" I said. I remember him saying that he had siblings but he didn't talk to any of them. "Well, Colby's not one to brag." Cole said. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"So why'd you stop by?" Cole asked, taking a sip of some drink. "I wanted to talk to Colby. Speaking of Colby. Where is he?" I questioned. "He's upstairs somewhere. Anyways, why do you want to talk with Colby?" Cole said. "Just for some- uh- school thing." I lied.

Cole started walking towards me. I was getting a bit nervous, not going to lie. He looked into my eyes and was about to say something, but then I heard a voice say, "Cole. Stop." I looked over and saw Colby standing near the wide entrance of the living room. "Hello, Colby. We were just talking about you." Cole said. "Yeah, I know. I'm not deaf." Colby said in an annoyed tone. "Oh, I know. You have excellent hearing. But not better than mine." Cole smirked.

I was getting slightly confused. "Cole, not now." Colby sighed. "C'mon, brother. Don't you wanna have some fun?" Cole licked his lips and raised his eyebrows. I think I'm missing something here. Colby went wide-eyed in fear after his brother spoke. I don't see what could be so scary. "Don't you dare, Cole." Colby said sternly. "Why not? I would like to have some fun, unlike other people I know. Cough cough, you, cough cough." Cole said.

"Sam, not to be rude but you need to go. We can talk tomorrow. I promise." Colby said to me. I nodded then I left the room with only saying a "bye."

((Colby's POV))

"Thanks a lot. You scared my dinner away!" Cole said after we heard the front door close. "You are not going to eat Sam!" I yelled. "I'll just do snatch, eat, erase. Easy peasy. Win-win situation." Cole leaned back against a wall. "How is it a win-win?!" I asked. "I get my food, and Sam doesn't die. It's that simple." Cole smiled. I rolled my eyes.

"Now, if you excuse me, I'm going hunting. Care to join me?" Cole offered. "I would rather die than drink human blood." I said. "Well, you're technology already dead, so... you comin'?" Cole asked with a small, evil smirk on his face. "I would rather you be the one that's being hunted." I said before walking away.

I'm not normally not mean, but Cole is making me angry. Yes, I love him, I will always love him because he's my brother, but not now; not today.

I decided to go to my room and lay in my bed for a bit. I wasn't tired. I was just thinking about what happened.

Cole was going to drink from Sam. He could've killed him. Even though I've only known Sam for a few days, I think I fell for him. I felt a connection between us, and I bet Sam did too. I wonder why he came here? Hopefully it was nothing important. I feel bad for telling Sam to go home, but if he stayed any longer then Cole would've started drinking his blood.

Anyways, I was laying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling, when I heard Cole come back. I could tell that he brought a girl back with him because I could hear Cole slamming her into the walls of the house. I didn't think anything of it, but in less than 15 minutes, I heard a faint scream come from his room.

~The Next Day~

I was searching for Sam up and down the halls of the school, but I couldn't find him anywhere. This is important, I have to find him.

While looking, I saw his ex, Mike, at his locker talking to someone. I think his name was Jake? I approached them. The two looked at me. "Hey, what's up?" Mike asked me. "Um, nothing much. But uh, do either of you know where Sam is? It's really important." I said. "I don't know. Why? Is everything okay?" He then asked, sounding concerned. "To be honest... no." I said then ran away.

As I was running, I saw Sam's sister in the hall. I decided to ask her. "Hey, Harper, um do you know where Sam is?" I asked her. "Why? Is it because you just want to-" She started. "I'm going to stop you right there. Just tell me where he is. It's really important." I begged. "Fine. He's at our house." Harper told me. "Okay, thank you." I said before walking away.

Welp. Looks like I'm missing a day of school.

-------------

((A kinda shorter chapter today, but it's still long. Also, what do you think happened? Why do you think Colby is in such a rush to find Sam?))

985 words

UNEDITED