07⛥

((Colby's POV))

I got to Sam's house and saw no cars parked in the driveway. I walked up to the front door and knocked. I probably stayed there for over 5 minutes, waiting for the door to open, but it never did. So, I decided to climb up to Sam's room.

I had to look through all of the windows before finding his room. And when I did, he was laying on his bed. With visible tears on his face. Sh*t. I thought to myself. I think he found out...

I knocked on his window. Sam jumped a bit before looking over. I could see a small smile appear on his face, but it soon disappeared. He wiped his eyes before coming and opening the window.

"Hey." I said casually. "Hi. What, uh, what are you doing h-here?" He asked. "I came to see if you were okay." I told him. "Why wouldn't I be okay?" Sam answered in a bit of an aggressive tone. "Well... you were crying..." I mentioned in a low voice.

I heard Sam sigh. "Colby, you should just go back to school. I'm not in the mood for company." Sam said, walking away from me. "I think you need someone here with you." I told him. "And what if I did? Why would I want it to be you? I've only known you for... not even a week. If I needed someone then I would call Tara or Devyn-!" Sam almost yelled, but quieted down at the end.

He started tearing up.

"Colby... please... just go-o." Sam begged me. I didn't want to go, and I'm not. Sam needs a friend right now. Devyn would only remind Sam of Tara, and vice versa. It's better if Sam has someone that won't remind him of her. And I'm not just saying that because I want to spend time with Sam, I'm saying that because I know, and he knows that it's true.

I tried to go inside but I couldn't. I still haven't been invited in.

"Sam, please just invite me inside." I said. He looked at me confused. "Please? I'm here to help you. If you invite me in then I'll be able to." I told him. "You don't even know what happened." Sam scoffed. "Yes, I do. I know what happened to her." I said truthfully.

Sam looked at me for a few seconds before saying, "You can come in I guess?" I went slowly inside, making sure that I was able to get in, which I was.

"How do you what happened to her?" Sam asked me. "First off, what's your side of the story of what happened?" I asked. "Tara was going home after cleaning up for the party, then she got k-killed by something. An a-animal I th-think." Sam said which made a few tears fall down his face. 

"Sam, everything is going to be alright. I promise-" "How do you know?! You barley knew Tara! I've known her all my life!" Sam yelled with tears pouring down his face. "You're right. I don't know, but I'm here to help you get through this-" "YOU CAN'T HELP ME! I JUST LOST MY BEST FRIEND-" "SHE ISN"T DEAD SAM!"

In that moment, I knew that I f*cked up.

"What..?" Sam asked, a bit calmer. "I... um... I have to go." I said then left Sam's room with him calling my name from behind me. I decided to go back to my house, not wanting to go back to school.

When I arrived, I saw Cole in the living room. 

"Someone's home early." He said. "F*ck you." I snapped. "Whoa, what did I do this time?" Cole asked, putting his arms up in defense. "You know exactly what you did." I said. "I've done a lot things, so you could be a bit more clear." Cole said, lowering his hands. "What you did to Tara!?" I said. 

"Oh yeah. That. She's fine. Still down in the cellar. Been giving her some blood bags." Cole told me. "I need to see her." I said then walked away from him. I went down to our house's cellar and walked to the cell that she was in. The doors were solid except for a space at the top where we could see through. 

I saw Tara sitting on the ground, drinking a blood bag. I opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind me. 

"Hi, Colby." She smiled. "Hey, Tara. How are doing?" I asked her. "I'm amazing! Being a vampire is awesome!" Tara said. I chuckled. "It's okay... Sam misses you by the way." I mentioned. "Is he okay?" She asked, clearly worried. "To be honest... no. I went to his house and he was crying." I told her. "What about Devyn?" Tara questioned. "I don't know. Haven't seen her." I said. 

Tara sighed. "Can I go and see them?" She asked. "Devyn thinks you're dead, and Sam... I kinda blurted out that you weren't dead so-" I didn't finish the sentence because I heard the doorbell ring. A few seconds later, I heard Cole say, "Ah, Sam. What a pleasant surprise!"

"F*ck." I said under my breath. "Stay here." I told Tara. "No. I want to see Sam." She argues. "You heard?" I asked. "Uh, yeah. I can like... hear everything." Tara  said. "Please... just stay here. You're new and don't have yourself under control yet. I don't want Sam to get hurt." I said. "I'm not gonna hurt Sam. He's my best friend." I could tell she was getting a bit impatient and annoyed. "You say that now." I rolled my eyes slightly. 

I turned my back to walk out of the room. I was able to open the door but that was the last thing I remember before Tara snapped my neck. 

-------------

((Yeah, so, um... Tara's a vampire now... uhhhh, yeah that's it))

996 words

UNEDITED