022⛥

"Cole! I didn't mean to do it but I killed Sam's uncle-"

((Sam's POV))

"Sam..." Colby said. I couldn't say anything. I didn't even know what to say. First I find out that Colby killed Devyn's mom—who was like a second mother to me—and now I find out that he killed my uncle? The worst part about this, is that Colby has blood all over himself; his mouth, hands, shirt.

I started getting angry, sad, shocked, and a whole bunch of other emotions that I don't even know how to explain. Instead of talking, I got up off of the couch and walked out of the living room.

"Sam, wait!" Colby chased after me. I didn't respond, just kept walking. "Can I please explain?" He kept asking. "Sam-!" "There's nothing for you to say, Colby! First you kill Devyn's mom, and now my uncle? I don't have any more living family members besides my sister, and she's a vampire!" I yelled. "She had to die to become one! I am basically now the only alive person in my family thanks to you!" I don't know why I sounded so angry, I'm mostly sad and upset than angry.

"Sam, I'm sorry! You have to under that I'm not like most vam-" "I know that you are Ripper. I know what Rippers are, and what they do. Cole told me!" I shouted. "Wait- Cole told you?" Colby asked. I nodded. "At least he's honest." I said then walked out of the house, letting tears fall down my face.

I decided to go back home. That is the only place where I feel safe. I have to walk back since there is no one to drive me and I don't have a car.

I was maybe one quarter of the way there when a familiar 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible pulled up beside me, and an all too familiar driver. I wiped my eyes and kept walking but the driver was following me. I stopped and faced them.

"What do-o you want?" I asked, my voice shaking. "Come in. I'll drive you back to your house." Cole said. "No-o. I'm fine-e." I shook my head. "Really? It looks like it's gonna rain." He pointed out. "It's not go-going to-" Then almost as if Cole had planned it, water droplets started to fall from the sky.

I looked at Cole who had a winning smirk on his face. "Am I still offered a ride?" I asked. Cole chuckled then nodded. He opened the door for me without getting out of his seat, then drove me home.

~Time Skip to Sam's house~

I was laying in my bed, thinking about Elton. I can't believe that he's gone. I never even got to say goodbye. Neither did Harper. I wonder if she even knows about it? Elton was the closest person I had to a parent ever since my mom and dad died. He has always been there for me and Harper but now we have no one.

"Here you go." Cole handed me a glass of water, cutting me out of my thoughts, which led to a new one coming into my head. "Thanks." I took a sip then placed the cup on my bedside table as Cole sat on the edge of my bed.

"I have a question." I said. "Let me guess. Am I single? The answer is yes." Cole smirked. I rolled my eyes while trying not to smile. "No... I was going to ask why are you being nice, but now I don't know if that's a necessary question to ask." I told him then took another sip of water, placing it back on the table once I was done.

"Well, Sammykins, I am nice, you just haven't experienced that side of me." Cole said. "Am I ever going to see that side of you... again?" I asked. "Mmm... probably not." He grinned. "So you're going to keep being a d*ck?" I asked with a small smile. "Yes, because that's what I'm best what." Cole winked.

I felt the fluttery feeling inside my stomach come back again. Why do I feel like this? I need to push this feeling away!

"Well, it's not your most attractive look." I said. Cole bit his lips then asked, "So, what is my most attractive look?" He smirked. "I'm not saying you do have any-" "But you also aren't saying that I don't." Cole said.

"You're unbelievable." I sighed. "And you're just saying that because you know that I do." Cole grinned. I rolled my eyes. Then all of a sudden, Cole was right beside me with his arm wrapped around my shoulder (I'm guessing he used his vampire speed). I jumped when he got there.

I grabbed his wrist of the arm that was around me and removed it from my shoulders. "Don't do that." I told Cole. "Nah, I like it." He put his arm back around my shoulder again. "And I know you like it too." Cole whispered in my ear, making me blush madly.

"Anyways, Sammykins. I have an idea." Cole said. "Oh no." I groaned. "You haven't even heard it yet." He looked at me. "But I know that I'm not going to like it." I said. "You don't know that."

"Then tell me your idea and let's see if I like it or not." I rolled my eyes. "Okay." Cole smiled. "I compel you to forget everything about what my disgrace of a brother did, so that you won't remember anything." He told me. "But I'm going to find out eventually." I said sadly. "I'll just compel you to think your uncle and friend's mom were killed in an animal attack." Cole shrugged.

Thinking about them made my eyes tear up. Thinking about what Colby did to them makes me angry, and sad, and depressed but... that doesn't stop me from loving him.

"Sammy." Cole said, zoning me back to reality. "What do you think?" He asked. "I... I don't know, Cole. I th-think that I m-might w-want to t-talk to C-Colby first." I don't know why, but I was now crying.

I didn't know if it was my confused feelings, or the fact that my uncle and Devyn's mom are dead, but there was now small tears falling down my face.

"Hey, you don't need to cry." Cole wiped my tears with his thumb. "We can go back to the house and you can talk to Colby. Okay?" He said. I nodded with a small smile and sniffle.

I wiped the rest of my tears from my eyes then said, "Thank you." "For what?" Cole asked. "For being so-o nice to me." I smiled again but this time with a soft laugh. "Oh, well, don't expect too much if it. I'm only nice when I really like someone." Cole told me.

I looked him in the eyes and saw that he was smiling. Not with his face, but with his eyes.

I don't know how long we were looking at each other for, but all I know is that Cole kissed me.

And do you want to know what the craziest part is?

I actually kissed back.

-------------

((Yeah so like ummm.... yeah 😅))

1220 words

UNEDITED