025⛥

((Sam's POV))

"Since we slept together. That's when." I suddenly blurted out, immediately regretting it. I didn't mean to say it. It just slipped out. I was just getting so many mixed emotions, and that was at the top of my head and then I just said it.

Everyone just stopped and looked at me. I was looking at Colby. I saw his facial expression drop drastically, and eyes start to tear up. I could feel my heart racing. I thought it was going to escape my chest.

"You did what?" Colby asked, breathing heavily. I saw a small tear roll down his face. "Colby... I-I'm so sorry-y." I told him, now crying myself. "You slept with my brother, Sam. My brother." I could tell he was getting upset. And he has a right to be.

"I promise you that it meant nothing to me. I-i-it was a mistake." I told him. Even though Cole's behind me, I could tell that he was hurt by that. I knew that I just hurt him like no one else has.

"That doesn't change anything, Sam!" Colby yelled. "Sleeping with Cole was the one thing you could do to break my trust completely-" "Colby, it's fine. It was a mistake," Cole's voice came from behind me. I looked at him and saw that he was crying also.

"Coming here was a mistake." Cole continued "Meeting you was a mistake," He was now looking at me. "My first look at you was a mistake, my first word to you was a mistake, kissing you was a mistake, loving you was a mistake!" Cole had tears running down his face and both anger and sadness in his voice. "But this... this won't be a mistake." Cole grabbed a stake from the pile on the ground and held it so that it was a foot away from his chest; his heart.

"NO!" Harper, Colby and I yelled. Then, it felt like everything went in slow-motion, and we were in a movie: Harper ran in front of Cole once he went to shove the stake in his heart. So, instead of it going into Cole's heart, it went into Harper's.

She fell onto the floor with a thud.

"S-Sam." She gasped. I went on my knees beside her and held her hand. "I love you, S-Sammy." She said. "Please don't leave me..." I cried. "You w-were the be-est brother anyone c-could ask for." She smiled softly. Then I saw grey start to spread from her neck all the way to her face, with darker grey lines spreading across her body.

I then realized that she was dead.

My sister was dead.

My last remaining family member was dead.

My best friend was dead.

It feels like half of me is gone.

I feel empty.

I don't know what else to do except to cry.

Cry until I can't anymore.

Why does this world hate me so much?

First my parents.

Then Devyn's mom.

Then Elton.

And now Harper.

Plus Mike almost died.

I've lost so much in less than a year.

What did I do wrong in life?

Where and when did I manage to f*ck up?

Does the world just want me dead?

~Time Skip~

'Dear Diary,

Life's too short. I learned that the hard way. Every piece of me is broken. I don't know where I went wrong in life to make the world hate me. I miss Harper so much. I'm sitting on her bed in our- well my house now. I don't think I can stay at Colby and Cole's house anymore. It brings back too many memories that I really don't want to go through again; even the happy ones. I just need time to myself for now. I need to be alone. I don't even want to see Tara or Devyn, and I've known them for most of my life. I don't know what's going to happen in the days to come, and to be honest, I don't want to know at all. I just want everything to go back to the way it was; no vampires. I want my parents, Elton, and Harper back. I want Devyn to have her mom back, but sadly, that can only be done if we're all dead and I'm not giving up my life. I know that everyone would want me to live my life, unlike how they were unable to live theirs. I will have them in my heart until the day I die, which I don't plan on happening soon.

Well, journal. This has officially been the worst year of my life. Everything just went down hill. At least I have you to talk to...'

I closed my journal and laid down on Harper's bed. I felt something hard under the pillow, then took it out. It was her sketchbook.

I flipped through the pages, seeing the extraordinary art work inside. This only brought more tears to my eyes. I took my phone out and played a song as I looked through her all of her sketchbooks:

Loving and fighting
Accusing, denying
I can't imagine a world with you gone
The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of
I'd be so lost if you left me alone
You locked yourself in the bathroom
Lying on the floor when I break through
I pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me!"

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

Long endless highway, you're silent beside me
Driving a nightmare I can't escape from
Helplessly praying, the light isn't fading
Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones
They took you away on a table
I pace back and forth as you lay still
They pull you in to feel your heartbeat
Can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me!"

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you
Let me take your hand, I'll make it right
I swear to love you all my life
Hold on, I still need you

I don't wanna let go
I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying "baby, let's go home"
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you

-------------

((So I wasn't gonna kill off Harper but like it kinda sorta happened and just fit in. Also I wrote this chapter at past 10 pm so you can blame my brain for this))

1131 words

UNEDITED