019⛥

~Two weeks later~

((Sam's POV))

I am loving my life right now if I'm being honest. Why? you might ask, well, Colby and I have been a lot closer and spending a lot of time with each other. That includes him taking me out on dates, giving me love and affection, and also just boosting my mood whenever I feel down about something. Even my self-esteem.

My second reason is that Cole is no longer hurting anyone I know. We did agree, however, that he is allowed to drink people's blood if he doesn't bring them back here to the house, and if it's no one I care about. He has also made sure to stay a good six feet away from me during our small conversations, obviously worried about what I will do to hurt him. As long as he doesn't do anything to the people I care about, then I won't hurt him.

My third reason: Harper actually has her vampireness—I don't know if that's even a word—under control. What I mean by that is she doesn't have a lot of blood cravings and gets most of her blood from blood bags that come from the hospital.

I did, though, have to give Harper some of my blood once she came back from the dead because at that time she wasn't fully a vampire; only in the transition stage. All vampires need to drink human blood in order for them to complete their transition. If they don't get blood in 24 hours after they wake up then they die. Also, Harper got her own daylight ring a few days ago so that she can walk in the sun. She isn't ready to go to school yet but hopefully she will soon.

Now for my fourth and final reason. Tara has come back to school. It was her first day back about a week ago and we've been spending a lot of time with each other at school and after school at Colby's house. Both Tara and Colby get along really well so no one is left out while we're talking and hanging out.

But there's one thing that I'm not very happy about. Devyn hasn't been at school for a long time, and both Tara and I don't know why. She went to Devyn's house the day at the park when I was texting her, but she couldn't talk to Devyn. Her dad answered the door and told Tara that it wasn't a good time.

We're planning on visiting Devyn today after school. Hopefully she'll be in the mood to talk. If not then we should wait until she's ready.

Anyways, it's lunch break right now and Colby, Tara, and I are sitting in the cafeteria. I was sitting beside Colby—we were holding hands—with Tara in front of us. I subconsciously laid my head on Colby's shoulder. I didn't realize it until Tara spoke.

"You guys are cute together." She said. "Tell us something we don't know." Colby wrapped his arms around me. "...Cole's here." Tara said with a confused look on her face. Both Colby and I turn our heads to see behind us, and we saw Cole standing at the back of the cafeteria, talking with...  Mike?

I saw Cole look into Mike's eyes and say something. I think he was compelling him. Cole then looked over at Tara, Colby and I and did a little finger wave. Cole turned his attention back to Mike with a smirk on his face and led him out the back doors of the cafeteria to outside.

I got up and Colby followed me. "Stay here. I want to deal with this myself." I told Colby. "But-" "I will be right back. Don't worry." I pecked his lips then walked out of the cafeteria.

There was a forest in the back of the school so I decided to see of Cole took Mike there. I swear if Cole hurt Mike then I will drive a stake through his heart in a blink of an eye. Even though Mike and I broke up, I still care about him. We've known each other since first grade.