08⛥

((Sam's POV))

After Colby left I decided just to go to his house to get answers myself. What did he mean by Tara's not dead? The police called me and told me that she was dead and killed by an animal of some sort. And also, how would Colby know if she was dead or not?

I didn't wait to go. I left my house and started walking to Colby's. I didn't have a car so I had to walk. I got there in about 40 to 45 minutes. Once I got there, I walked up to the front door and knocked. Seconds later, it opened to reveal Colby's brother Cole, standing there.

"Ah, Sam. What a pleasant surprise!" Cole said with a big smirk on his face. "I need to see Colby." I said. "What? No 'hello'?" He asked, trying to sound offended. "Where is he?" I asked. "Well, you see, Colby's currently dealing with something so he isn't available right now. Come back later, bye." Cole was starting to shut the door when a voice said, "Sam?"

I pushed the door back open, and saw Tara standing there. I felt a large smile spread across my face. We ran up to each other, engulfing one another in a large hug. "How did you get out?" Cole said. I pulled away from Tara and looked at him. "You were keeping her here?!" I asked with confusion. "Yeah they were. Keeping me in a cell, actually." Tara said.

"What the f*ck?" I said angrily. "Hey, it wasn't my idea, it was Colby's." Cole told me. "Wait- why were you even keeping her in a cell?" I was so confused. "We were... um..." Cole said, obviously not wanting to tell me. "For f*ck sakes, let me tell him." Tara spoke. Cole's eyes widen. "Remember what I told you? You can't." Cole said. "Why not?" Tara asked. "Because he can't know!" Cole yelled. "Know what?!" I questioned.

"We're-" Tara started but got cut of by a familiar voice saying, "I'll tell him. It's my fault he's here. Cole, be useful for once and do something with Tara. Put her back in the cell if you have to." It was Colby. "But he can't know-" "He'll eventually find out anyways since she's one. What's the point?" Colby said.

Cole rolled his eyes then brought Tara somewhere, I was getting more confused by the second.

"What is it?" I asked. "Let's go outside..." Colby said. He put his hand on my back and led me outside, closing the door behind him. "Okay, tell me now." I said. Colby took a deep breath before he spoke. "Do you believe in the supernatural? Like werewolves, vampires and witches?" He asked me. "What? What does this have to do with Tara and you and Cole?" I asked. "Just.. Answer my question." He said. "No. Not really." I shook my head.

"What would you say if I told you that I was a vampire?" He asked. "Are you serious?" I said in annoyance and disbelief. "Yes, I am serious." Colby said. "I would say that you're ridiculous and talk to me when you've grown up." I said then turned to walk away. I was facing the other direction, Colby was standing there.

"How did you-? You were just right there-" I was confused. "Sam, I'm going to be 100% truthful with you. I. Am. A. Vampire." He said in a serious tone. I felt chills go down my body at the word 'Vampire'. "You're lying." I responded. "You don't have proof that I'm lying." Colby said. "You're not a vampire because vampires don't exist." I turned away then started walking down the driveway. I was walking for not even 5 seconds before Colby was in front of me again.

"How-" "Vampires have super speed. That's how." He said. "Enough with the vampire bull cr*p!" I started walking away but Colby grabbed my wrist. I couldn't even move it. It felt like Colby was barley holding onto my wrist, but it was still tight.

"We are also incredibly strong." Colby mentioned. I started to get nervous. I felt my heart rate go up. "I can also hear your heart beating." He then said, kinda like he just read my mind. "I can tell that you're scared. You shouldn't be. I won't hurt you." Colby said calmly. "You're not a vampire." I told him confidently, mostly for myself.

"Okay, Sam. I didn't want to do this but I have to, and I'm sorry." Colby said. He dug his finger nail into my skin. It didn't really hurt but it didn't not hurt. I saw some blood leave, my skin. That's when I saw his face start to slowly change.

His eyes turned a dark red, veins started to grow from his eyes, I saw two sharp teeth growing inside his mouth.

Holy sh*t... he is a vampire...

-------------

((Sam finally knows about Colby. How do you think he'll react?))

835 words

UNEDITED