018⛥

((Sam's POV))

"A vampire."

Those words kept replaying in my head as Harper was standing in the doorway, looking at me. She looked the same, but she's different in a way that I can't really explain.

From her two words she seems more confident. Yes, she's always been talkative, but she's never been really confident.

But why does she have to be a vampire? Over the past few days two of the people I love have turned into vampires. Plus my boyfriend and his brother are vampires. I am surrounded by them. Who knows how many there could be? The more vampires there are, the more higher risk of being killed. I trust Tara, Harper, and Colby. Those are the only vampires I can count on and would trust with my life.

A question just popped into my head: Who turned Harper? It wasn't Colby since he was with me, so it was either Tara or Cole. I don't really think it was Tara so it must be Cole. I'm already p*ssed at him for snapping Harper's neck right in front of me and if he's the reason my sister is now a blood sucking creature then I swear I will drive a stake through his chest.

Not Cole's heart because he's Colby's brother, but maybe close to his heart so that he knows not to mess, or hurt, the people that I love. 

Okay, I'm getting too ahead of myself. I'm not even sure if Cole was the one that turned Harper. I need to ask.

"Who turned you?" I spoke. "It was Cole." Harper told me. I felt rage bubble up inside of me. I don't know why I'm so angry; I just am. 

I got off of the bed and started walking out the door. "Sam? Where are you going?" I heard Colby ask from behind me. "I need to have a word with someone." I answered in a furious tone of voice as I kept walking. 

I went downstairs, passing rooms and going in them as I looked for Cole. I saw some wood in one of them. I remembered what he tole me about wood being extremely harmful to vampires, so I took one that was sharpest and continued on looking. 

I know that I might seem like a psychopath right now, but when someone does something to hurt my family then I get angry and upset. Harper is my only sister and I love her to bits and pieces. Cole made me think that he killed her. I thought that my sister, my best friend, was dead. 

I went down into the cellar with the stake. I heard movement coming from maybe 5 meters away and started walking slower. 

"What do you want?" I heard the voice of Cole say. Even his voice now is making me angry. I moved to where he could see me. "You killed my sister." I said. "Well, she isn't really dead, but she also isn't really alive either so- Argh!" Cole clutched his lower stomach area and fell to the ground in pain. I just stabbed him. 

"Why did you do that?!" He asked while blood was dripping out of him. "Don't ever hurt my family, or anyone I love ever again. Understand me?" I said sternly as I pushed the stake in more. "Y-yes." Cole gasped for air. "Good." I spat then walked away, leaving him to deal with the stake.

Instead of going back upstairs to Colby and Harper, I decided to go on a walk around the neighbourhood. You know, just to clear my mind. I think I need it though.

Fresh air is good to help you relax. I'm even sure that there is a park near by. I could sit at a bench and just look up at the sky. That sounds relaxing too.

I just need a way to calm down and get my mind off things. Oh, I know what I could do! I can text Tara. I haven't talked to her for a while.

I pulled out my phone and went too her contact. I had Tara saved as, '🍓Shortcake'