030⛥

((Sam's POV))

"I love you, Sam. Always and forever." Cole said then raised a stake—I didn't see it at first—and drove it into his heart.

"NO!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I pulled the stake out of his chest but it doesn't undo the damage. Cole fell onto the ground then I started to see grey start to spread from the bottom of his body all the way to his face, with darker grey lines spreading across his body.

This is the same thing that happened to Harper. I thought to myself as I sat on the ground beside him, pulling his head into my lap. I saw his eyes slowly start to close, while mine had tears flowing out of them.

Cole's body them went stiff; he was dead. I heard footstep moving swiftly over in my direction, then I saw Colby standing at the entrance of the living room. 

"Wh-what ha-happened?" Colby asked with a shaky voice as he walked slowly towards me. I looked at him with sadness and sorrow in my eyes and face. "Please t-tell me h-he isn't d-dead." Colby pleaded. "I c-can't lie t-to you." I shook my head and let more tears fall down my now wet face.

Colby fell onto his knees and put his head in his head and sobbed. I moved to beside him and wrapped my arms tightly around him. "I'm s-so sorry." I told him as I laid my head in his shoulder.

We were crying for what felt like hours- well Colby was. I stopped maybe twenty minutes ago. It has only been a bit less than half and hour. I haven't left Colby's side since he saw Cole's dead body.

"I know how you feel, but just know that one day everything will be okay." I said to try and comfort him. I heard Colby sniffle. "Th-thank you, Sammy-y." He smiled softly. "I will always be here for you, Colbs." I returned it.

We leaned in for a hug. Our arms were wrapped tightly around each other's body. Colby buried his face into the crook of my neck, then I planted a soft kiss on the top of his head.

~Time Skip~

I was now back at my house, a few hours later. It was past 12 in the morning, and I wasn't that tired. Right now I was just sitting on my bed, with a letter in my hands. You might be wondering what the letter is about, or who it's from. I can only answer one of those: The letter is from Cole.

Before I left Colby's house, I saw in the pocket of Cole's pants a letter hanging out. I grabbed it and saw my name written in cursive on the front. Now I'm debating whether or not to open and read it. I want to, but at the same time I really don't. I'm a bit nervous to see what is written inside.

"Are you going to open it or not?" I heard the voice of my sister's spirt say to me. I looked to where her voice came from and saw Harper sitting beside me. "I don't know if I should." I told her. "I'll read it first if you want?" Harper suggested. I nodded then opened it up and handed it to her.

As Harper read the letter, I saw her facial expressions change. She went from neutral, to sad, to a bit annoyed, to happy, then to sad again, along with a whole bunch of other emotions I couldn't quite catch.

"I'm done." Harper spoke after she finished. "And?" I asked, wanting to know her thoughts. "I think you should see for yourself." Harper handed me the letter. I took it with a shaky hand, then started to read:

Dear, Sam,

     I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you. Turning Tara into a vampire, turning your sister into a vampire, almost killing your friend, drinking from your blood and more. But despite those things, I know that you still cared about me and I'm thankful for that. And I'm especially thankful that I had you in my life. You were so special to me, and I wanted to spend an eternity with you but I knew that I could never. You were the only person who I could never have gotten tired of, and was on my mind all day and all night. Even though I am now dead, gone, I know that I am still alive in your heart. I am on the Other Side now, watching you. And I know your sister is too. I am so glad that I got the chance to feel your lips on mine. Even if nothing we did meant something to you, it meant something to me, but I'm almost certain that those moments will always have a place in your heart.

     I know you are wondering why I drove a stake through my heart. It was because I want you to be happy; I want you to be happy with Colby. The only way that can happen is if I'm not around. I couldn't just leave Kansas because I can't stay away from you. You were my drug, Sam. I needed you in my life, and couldn't go a day without you.

     I have a feeling that this letter is not our last goodbye, and that we will see each other again. I don't know why, but I just do. For now this can just be it. I love you, Sam Golbach.

         Always and Forever

   -Cole

-------------

((It took me 6 six days to write this chapter 😭😭))

959 words

UNEDITED