04⛥

((Colby's POV))

As I walked into school, I could feel people staring at me, and hear their little comments like, "Look how cute he is!" "I love his hair, it looks so soft" "His sense of style is amazing!" And a whole bunch of sh*t like that. I just decided to ignore them. Well... at least try to.

I have impeccable hearing so it's hard not to hear what other people are saying.

I took out my books from my locker, and proceeded with my day like I normally would while trying to resist my urge for blood.

~Time Skip~

It was now the end of the day. Finally! I don't know why I wanted to try and go to school. I know I can't fight my urges forever. I have to try and learn to control them.

I heard footsteps coming from behind me as I was putting my books away. The footsteps stopped behind me. Knowing who it was, I said, "Hello, Sam." Then turned around to see him standing there.

"Hi. How'd you know that it was me?" Sam asked. "I have my ways." I smirked. He laughed. "So I wanted to know if you were coming tonight. To the party." Sam asked. "Yesterday I said that I was." I reminded him. "I know, but I just wanted to make sure." He said. "Yes, I'm still coming." I nodded.

I saw Sam smile. "Okay! Great! I'll see you tonight then?" He asked as he slowly started walking away. "Definitely." I said with a small smile and a chuckle. "Bye, Colby." Sam waved. "Bye, Sam." I waved back.

I finished taking things in and out of my locker, then I left the school building. I got into my car and instead of driving back to my house right away, I drove to the forest.

Once I arrived, I got out of my car and ran farther into the forest like the speed of light. I came to a stop when I thought that I was in a good spot to look for my next meal. I used my amazing hearing to listen for any animals that may be lurking around.

I soon heard movement coming from maybe fifty meters away from me. I swiftly moved closer to it, making as little sound as possible. I saw a few rabbits hopping around looking for food.

I waited a few seconds before pouncing and grabbing one. I bit into the rabbit's stomach and drank its blood. I could feel my veins growing out of my face, and my sharp fangs coming out. My sclera was turning a dark shade of red and my hunger was gaining.

Once I finished with the rabbit, I went to find more food for myself. I was out looking for half an hour and found a lot more animals for me to feed on.

If you couldn't tell already, I was a vampire. And I know what you must be thinking, "How am I walking in the sunlight? Aren't I supposed to be burning to death right now?" Well, I have a special ring. It's called a daylight ring. It lets me walk in the daytime without me getting burnt.

Another question you might be wondering is, "Why am I not feeding on humans?" The thing is, I used to feed on humans, but I had to stop because once I got a taste of human blood I couldn't stop drinking until the body was drained. So, I switched to animal blood. I haven't had a drop of human blood for years now.

I decided to start heading back now. I need to clean myself up before the party tonight.

I got back to my home, and immediately went for a shower.

~Time Skip~

I arrived at the party, using the location that Sam sent me. It was in a forest decorated with lights and some music playing in the background, as well as a table with some food and drinks.