Plans 1.3

Riding home with a vampire, particularly Jasper Hale, was less awkward than I'd thought it would be

Riding home with a vampire, particularly Jasper Hale, was less awkward than I'd thought it would be. I actually arrived home smiling. "So I'll see you tomorrow?" 

Jasper paused for a moment before returning my smile, "I'll meet you in the library during lunch block."

And with that I walked up the steps to the front door only to be greeted by Charlie, "Where were you?" 

"Like I told you, on my walk, but I got lost and ran into the Cullens. Jasper Hale just gave me a ride home since it would be unsafe to walk home in the dark."

"Jasper Hale?" 

"He's a senior - I'm a senior. I don't know any of them that well, they just offered to drive me back and I accepted... since you know their dad's a doctor, and they're probably not serial killers." 

Charlie rolled his eyes at that, "Okay, okay. Well I'm glad your home safe, now get to bed it's a school night." 

~ ~ ~

8 years of being afraid of the name Edward Cullen was not something I could get over in just one night. I found myself more trusting of the Cullen-Hale siblings, if not because Alice and Jasper had saved me from certain death, but the friendships I was slowly building with them the week Edward was out of town. 

That next day in school Jasper and I met for lunch in the library. 

I was sat in in the table farthest away from the librarian's desk, thankfully, not many students were in the library during lunch block and none were close to where I had set up. 

Jasper arrived just before the bell, "Hello, ma'am." 

I wrinkled my nose at his greeting, "You realize that doesn't help your case." 

He raised a questioning eyebrow. 

I continued, "If you're trying to blend in as a modern teen, and not an old ass blood sucker maybe try out a 'hey dude'."

Jasper rolled his topaz eyes at me, "My apologies ma- my dude." 

"No."

We both laughed.

We had spent that entire block just talking as if I wasn't in any danger and he wasn't a vampire. I had learned a bit more about their family dynamic, well, as much as I could learn in a public setting with curious ears. 

Rosalie and Emmett were a couple - that I had known prior to 'meeting' the Cullen-Hales based on their public displays of affection. Jasper admitted to me that Rosalie's distaste for me was based more on her fear rather than hatred. I still wasn't sure how I felt about her, after all, she was pretty rude about Bella. Emmett, on the other hand, was more open than Rosalie. Jasper told me Emmett was already planning a games night the next time I got roped into going to their house.