Epilogue 4.39

2020

2020

Nearly fifteen years had passed since that fateful day with the Volturi. We had moved two times since then - first to New Hampshire and then to Vancouver - Jacob Black in tow. However, we frequently visited Washington since Charlie was on a 'need to know' basis with both Bella and I. Although we would regularly talk over the phone, it was painful to go too long without seeing him - it felt like he would age too much between every visit. 

The Volturi had tracked down Joham and put a stop to his 'experiments' in South America. We kept in contact with Nahuel and Huilen; Nahuel was fascinated by the family dynamic of Bella, Edward and Renesmee - they would visit infrequently. Last we had heard from the pair, Joham's hybrid daughters had been taken in by the Volturi for observation. Of course, that had us on edge, but Alice continued to watch for Aro's decisions and nothing had came of it thus far. 

As a result, I had yet to formally interact with the Volturi leaders - my ability still concealed. Which I had only found out shortly after the exchange was for the best as I had been visited by Marcus' late mate, Didyme. She had been killed by her own brother, Aro, and for centuries the true identity of her killer had been unknown even with in the Volturi's guard, leaders (sans Aro) and wives. Of course, now the Cullens were aware of Aro's true capabilities and remained vigilant, but we did not let the word spread - we had narrowly escaped last time, best not to gamble with fate at least for a little while longer.

Jasper and I eventually had our wedding - of course, it was to appease Alice. We did not stay away from the family for too long, both Jasper and I valued the dynamic of each of the family members. 

We were temporarily back in Forks so that Jacob could visit his father and Renesmee could visit Charlie - I was watching them play outside in the front yard when I felt familiar arms snake around my waist and Jasper's chin rest on my shoulder. 

"Hello, ma'am," Jasper whispers to me. 

I turn to face him, "Guess what?" 

He raises his eyebrows up and he hums in surprise, "Hmmmm... what?" 

I chuckle, "It's going to be our ten year wedding anniversary tomorrow." 

Jasper shook his head, "I knew that."

"Did you?" I tease. 

"Of course, don't worry I've got something planned. What were you thinking about just then, before I surprised you?"

"Surprised me?" I mock. "Nothing you can do surprises me anymore, Mr. Hale."

"Well Mrs. Hale," He taunts. "I would say your emotions beg to differ."

I roll my eyes, "I was just lost in thought, wondering how we got so lucky. It all started here... I found you... or rather ran straight into you. Bella and Edward met, too, and then everything with Renesmee. I didn't have to lose my sister and gained a niece. And then we miraculously survived the infamous Volturi."

Jasper presses his lips to the crown of my head, "We are lucky."

Emmett coughs obnoxiously from the other room, "Gross, get a room, I'm trying to stream Among Us... sorry guys, so anyway so my strategy is to-"

I shake my head, "Who's going to tell him that if the Volturi find out he's trying to make a Twitch career that they'll kill him?"

Jasper laughs, "Just let him have his fun, if Alice's projections are right, it's not like the world is in any state for exposure at least for a while longer." 

[THE END]

AN: and yes, if you are a fellow Twilight Tiktok watcher, I would like to use this platform to say hi to 'thesmallestkyle' for their quality Tiktoks particularly featuring the 'chaos twins' Emmett and Bella... your content gives me infinite serotonin. And I 100% agree that Emmett would try to become internet famous during the pandemic.