Wedding Day 4.27

Before Bella arrived, the Cullen house welcomed Renee and her new husband, Phil

Before Bella arrived, the Cullen house welcomed Renee and her new husband, Phil. I observed from afar as my estranged mother interacted with my new family. I was so engrossed in watching my mother that I was startled when I felt Jasper use his ability to calm my anxiety, placing a gentle hand on my back. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you," He drawls.

I shake my head, "Don't worry."

I continue to listen in. Renee is having a conversation about Alice sharing embarrassing stories about Bella and I from our youth - crushes, and her imagining of which of her daughters would get married first. Particularly listening to her compare Bella and I would have made my anxiety spike if Jasper had not been right next to me.

"I always knew Bella would get married before Marianne - God be with her - I always thought she was so closed off, hard to talk to as a child. Bella was a stubborn child, but she always knew what she wanted and went for it. She chose Edward, and I firmly believe she decided she would be with him for life not long after meeting him." 

There is a moment of silence before the distance sound of tires on gravel could be heard by all the vampires. "Oh look Bella and Charlie are here," Alice gestures to the window where we can all see the police cruiser pulling up to the house.

~ ~ ~

Many guests had arrived in the span of time that it took Rosalie and Alice to help Bella get ready. I'd tried to ignore Alice berating Bella for skipping out on her beauty sleep. Bella's human friends - a few of which I recognized as Angela Weber, Jessica Stanley and Mike Newton - had just arrived. The Denali coven had also come and immediately took interest in me.

I had stuck to Jasper's side like we were glued to the hip. You could not miss the entrance of the beautiful blondes that entered the Cullen's house - of course, I was disguised to resemble them.

Edward was the first to welcome them. During the time that the Cullens had spent in Alaska I had not formally meet the coven, I had only a few brief encounters running into a few members during hunts. However, I knew of the general makeup of their coven comprised of the three 'sisters' Tanya, Irina, and Kate; Carmen and her mate, Eleazar, had been with the Volturi and joined the coven later on. 

Edward ended up being the one to introduce them to me, "I'd like to properly introduce you all to Marianne." 

"Hi, you guys can call me Mary" I say feeling slightly shy. "I thought I'd try out blonde for the wedding, I heard they have more fun." 

That earned a laugh from the Denalis. The woman with strawberry blonde hair responds first, seeming to be the 'leader' of the three sisters, "Hello Mary, it is lovely to meet you. I'm Tanya. My sisters Irina and Kate," She gestures to the other two blondes. "Carmen," A woman with dark brown hair and a slight olive tone to her palor. "And her mate, Eleazar," A man with a similar olive undertone to his pale skin and medium length dark hair.