Training 3.23

Jasper and I step away from the family

"If it's an army," Jasper starts. "We'll have to fight." 

"How does that go?"

"We have to rip them apart and burn the pieces. Newborn armies have the numbers and brute strength; we need to prepare to dodge attacks, and quickly dispose of them."

"How outnumbered?" 

"Well there are 8 of us and most likely at least fifteen - if not more - of them. It would be near impossible to take them on alone."

"What about the Denali's coven?"

"There is still some bad blood after Laurent... he was mated to Irina, the shifters killed him when he threatened Bella when the family left a few months ago."

"Wait, doesn't Bella have a weird thing going on with the shifters? What if they helped us?"

Jasper shook his head, "It would be ideal for not only the numbers, but the element of surprise. However, it's unlikely that they would agree - we'll have to see how dire the situation gets."

~ ~ ~

We had spent the past few weeks observing the situation in Seattle which had only confirmed Jasper and my own fears. It was now Bella's graduation day. 

Jasper and I hunted in the morning to prepare for the party of humans in the house tonight. 

By late afternoon I received an unexpected call from Bella. 

"Bella, aren't you supposed to be getting ready for graduation?" 

"Someone was in my room" Her voice was frantic. 

"What?"

"My jacket is missing, I'd had clothes going missing the past few weeks, but this time I know it. Edward said he could smell an unfamiliar vampire here."

"Not Victoria?" 

"No, no. I'm just lucky whoever it was didn't go after Charlie... but I think Victoria is involved, it must be an army like Jasper said. Victoria wants a life for a life, she wants to kill me."

"Well fuck."

~ ~ ~

By the time of the graduation party we were all on edge, if not for the humans that were packed into the house, for the clear threat that the army in Seattle posed to all our safety. 

I stay upstairs - hidden from the humans - with Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie. We knew some of the shifters were here, as per Bella's invite. The only question on our minds was how much time did we have.