Blindspots 4.36

The weeks flew by - it was now November

The weeks flew by - it was now November. Charlie had been frequently visiting; Renesmee continued to grow at a rapid rate (Charlie knew better than to ask at this point); and it finally felt like things might just work out in the end. 

Then Alice had a vision.

Jasper and I were putting our trust in Alice - she was rarely wrong - but this had more weight to it than just being a simple mistake. I felt uncertain that we would be of much help to Alice - how could we leave the family in their time of need? More importantly how could I leave my biological sister for dead... 

Alice reassured me that it was to protect everyone, but she was incredibly vague and sparing on the details. She wouldn't tell us what she was exactly looking for and part of me worried that she didn't even know herself. 

It physically hurt me to cross into the Quileute territory in the dead of night and follow Alice blindly into the vast ocean. I worried so much for the family I had come to embrace, aside from Bella. Carlisle and Esme had become like second parents to me - the first to greet me once I had returned to Washington after my transformation, and they were constant, reliable; Rosalie had thawed out significantly since my transformation and had been like another sister; Emmett was the annoying brother always looking for ways to incite chaos in the house; and then there was Bella's small family... Edward and I had our ups and downs, but we had been in a good place with the addition of Renesmee to our family; Renesmee, my only niece, it was absolutely terrifying to think about all the possible outcomes for her future when she had barely lived life at all.

We swam along the coast eventually getting back on land in south Oregon. Of course, Alice had a few stops planned along the way. The first was to recruit nomads Peter and Charolette to bear witness - send them back to Washington. Jasper had mentioned to me that they were old friends from his earlier years in the Southern Wars. 

We found them in northern California.  

"Jasper!" Peter exclaims - sensing us from a distance. "What a pleasant surprise. And who do you have with you? I recall, the lovely, Alice; but I do not believe I have meet the fair brunette."

"Hello, Peter," Jasper nods - not smiling. "Where is Charlotte, we don't have much time, I wish we could stay longer and under better circumstances."

"Jasper," A bell voice rings out from a distance, quickly approaching is another blonde vampire, Charlotte. 

"Charlotte, Jasper and his friends have urgent news." 

"First, I'd like to introduce you both to my mate, Marianne," I give a small wave at the introduction. 

"Wonderful, what's the news you have for us?" 

"Alice has had a vision, it is imperative that you head straight to Forks to join the Cullens they can explain more."

"They can not know which direction we're headed - they'll mess everything up if they waste time looking for us, we have many stops to make along the way," Alice's bell voice contradicts the weight of her words. 

"What did you see?" 

Alice shakes her head, "You're going to need to see if for yourself, trust your senses."

"Alright, then, we will leave shortly. It was great to see you again - and to meet you Marianne - may we meet again soon under better circumstances." 

Shortly after that exchange we headed back to the water - this time Alice warned us that we would be swimming to South America. This was just nearly quicker than any human method - primarily flying - and we reached the deserted shores of the tropical continent. 

Before Jasper or I could ask her what she was doing, Alice holds up a finger as she scans through visions. We stood frozen waiting as Alice grumbles in frustration between visions. 

"What are you seeing?" Jasper asks impatiently. 

"Possibilities of the encounter," Alice says distantly. "They were already set on executing the coven no matter way save Edward, me and maybe Bella."

I hiss at that and Jasper wraps an arm protectively around me. 

"There's so many complexities - Caius... Aro... to them it doesn't matter if no laws were broken. I know something here will be able to shake them, at least for another century or so, I just can't see whatever it is."

"You... can't see it?" I ask in astonishment. 

Alice shakes her head, "It's like Renesmee.. I can't really see it and that's how I know we're close."

"Alice," Jasper hisses. "Maybe we should go-"

"No, no, no!" Alice retaliates. "When have I been wrong? This will save the family - there is nothing left for us if we head back to Washington."

"She has a point," I sigh. 

"Okay," Jasper looks at me for reassurance. "Where do we start - what's the clearest... or er, I guess unclearest thing you see?"

"The Amazons - we need to locate Zafrina, Kachiri, and Senna - they are somehow connected."

"No one has been able to locate the Amazons... not even Aro and his guard," Jasper looks at Alice like she's grown a third head. 

"Exactly, come on - this way!" 

~ ~ ~

By some miracle - deep in the rainforest - we encounter the Amazon vampires. The wore animal skins in lieu of traditional clothing, their long black hair braided - the three women stood close, in a crouched position as we approach. 

"We're friends of Carlisle's - part of his coven," Alice's voice rings. "I'm Alice, this is Jasper and his mate, Marianne." 

"Friends of Carlisle?" One of the tall women steps forwards as the others return to a neutral standing position. "Yes... your eyes. Do you travel with him?"

"We are part of his coven, yes, but he is in need of you, Zafrina and Senna," Alice replies. "And Kachiri - I know it's hard to separate from your sisters, but we will need your help in the area. We are in a great hurry there is no time to waste, will you help us?"

The Amazons look at one another deliberating for a moment, "Yes we will help Carlisle. Where do we find him?"

"Washington, the scent should be pretty easy to pick up." 

We give Zafrina and Senna a moment to part with Kachiri before the two are lost in the depths of the forest. There is not a moment wasted as Kachiri asks, "What do we need to do?"