No Control 3.17

When I was human I used to fear the name Edward Cullen, but now the fear has been replaced by unbridled rage

When I was human I used to fear the name Edward Cullen, but now the fear has been replaced by unbridled rage. The entire family was already tense because of Victoria's presence, Alice could see her still in the area, but she continuously evaded us and the wolves. 

Jasper has had to step in these past few weeks as a mediator for Edward and me, mostly on my behalf, because I am still adjusting to the heightened emotions that come with being a vampire and Edward is just a d*ck.

Bella had barely been at the house, I could only figure it was Edward's backwards way of protecting her from me. Doubting my ability to show restraint around my own sister. Just another thing to add to the fire pit. 

Today we were having another one of our arguments only this time Jasper was out hunting, suffice to say I was reaching my boiling point. 

"You can't keep Bella away forever, it's not fair to either of us."

Edward actually rolled his eyes at me, "Your meaning of forever is completely different now as a vampire. She'll be with us soon enough anyway." 

"When you turn her?" 

"We're getting married first." 

Those four words set me off. I clenched my fists and sucked in a breath, "Married? When she's still human? She's ONLY EIGHTEEN."

Edward said something in response, but I couldn't make sense of it as I became aware of how cold the room felt. Vampires really can't feel temperature, but this feeling I've only ever felt two times before.

The living room was full of unfamiliar people. All men. All dressed in suits, similar to how Royce King II was styled. 

They were so loud, I actually had to cover my ears. I glared daggers at Edward which he met with a look of mixed surprise and horror. 

"You can see what I see," I didn't pose it as a question, knowing he was already inside my head.

"More or less." 

"This room is full of... who are these men?"

"My victims from my early years when I rebelled against Carlisle."

"You made them suffer, they are screaming about the things you did to them."

"They all deserved it, they were predators-"

"You don't get to decide that." 

"It was how I justified it at the time." 

"You were no better than the men you were killing."

"I suppose that's true," He shrugs. The room began to thaw and the men had disappeared just as swiftly as they materialized. "So you can see the dead?"

I cross my arms across my chest, "Sometimes."

"That's a dangerous talent to have," He notes.

"Could say the same about reading minds."