Tension 4.29

Not long after that exchange, Rosalie received an unexpected call from Bella

Not long after that exchange, Rosalie received an unexpected call from Bella. Bella was recruiting a defense team to prevent Edward from terminating the pregnancy. 

I thought Bella was crazy. Did she not have an ounce of self perseverance? Of course when she called me I let all her calls go to voicemail, I felt guilty, but we had left off on a bad foot before the honeymoon and I knew she would not be happy with my stance on the pregnancy. 

We were having a meeting in the dining room right before picking up Edward and Bella from the airport. 

"We are going to need to be prepared for the road that lies ahead if Bella decides to keep the fetu- baby," Carlisle corrects at the clearing of Rosalie's throat. 

"The treaty with the Quileutes - they were okay with us turning her understanding the Volturi's influence - what should we do about the mutts?" Rosalie asks.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there, the priority is the wellbeing of Bella."

"Do we talk her out of the pregnancy?" Alice asks - ever since she stopped being able to clearly see Bella she was unhappy, understandably so, we had no idea what a pregnancy like this meant.

"If Bella has made up her mind we can't convince her otherwise," I shake my head. "That's why I haven't spoke to her, she doesn't want to be talked out of it." 

"We could always just medicate her and terminate the fetus," Alice suggests.

"No," Rosalie growls, Emmett silently backing her up.

"I agree, we will make her comfortable," Esme adds.

Carlisle sighs, "Alice, it would be prudent of Bella to not continue with the pregnancy, but as Mary has said, it may be impossible to convince her to yield to reason."

"Do we know how long the pregnancy will last?" Jasper asks.

"So far from what I've been able to to dig up it looks like the pregnancy is condensed to the span of a month and a half - meaning Bella is near half way through today. That complicates the termination, if she choses that route, but that leaves us with roughly two to three weeks of managing the situation."

I frown, "And for the birth, what has your research shown for that? I'm going to assume the birth isn't exactly natural."

"Usually the fetus makes its own way out, biting out of the human mother. We will monitor Bella, and I would perform a scheduled C-section to give her the best chance at survival."

"And the blood?" I follow up.

"We can just hope that everything goes to schedule, in a perfect scenario those of you would leave for the procedure to avoid any other complications."

~ ~ ~

To say I was surprised when I saw Bella walk up the porch would be an understatement. She already had a significant bump on her abdomen, but rather than a pregnant glow, I could see the hollowness of her cheeks. She was flanked by Rosalie while Edward had already come inside, immediately talking with Carlisle.