Sparring 3.19

When we returned to the house Alice was already waiting for us on the porch

"You were expecting us," Of course she was, she could see the future after all

"Of course," She laughs. "I'm not exactly sure of what happened though; you'll need to fill me in." 

"James," Jasper hisses the name out. 

"He mentioned you, I think he said he knew you as a human?"  

Alice nods, "There are still a lot of holes in what I can recount from my human life, last year when he attacked Bella he made a tape for Edward in which he mentioned me... My name was Mary Alice Brandon. I was put in an asylum for my visions as a human, but I can't recall much about that time. I know I had a sister, Cynthia, and I remember my father remarrying after my mother's death." 

"An asylum?"

"It was the early 1900s, my visions were something I recall my father fearing. They thought I was some kind of witch or demon... Apparently, James picked up my scent and was tracking me. I can't remember the vampire that turned me, I can't remember how I got out of the asylum. I just remember waking up alone and I suppose James had moved on to the next hunt. If not for my visions I would have never known that I would find Jasper or that we would end up with the Cullens."

"So this James guy said Victoria was his mate. Do you think she's plotting her revenge?" 

"Most definitely, though I still have no idea why I didn't see her turn you. I've seen her coming through the area this weekend, so we'll be out hunting her." 

"Fighting another vampire?" I raise an eyebrow. 

"You still have the advantage of newborn strength, but I don't think it's wise of you to go after her," Jasper interjects. "She is must more experienced with this game of hers. You would need to get extremely lucky to get her to let her guard down." 

"She wants to kill Bella, if anything I'll be there for the numbers. I mean if we circle her she can't get out, can she?" 

"Well if what you told us last night is correct: that she is using the water to get access, than she could come and go relatively undetected. I-" Alice stopped mid-sentence interrupted by a vision. 

"Alice?" I ask after a moment. 

Jasper and I shared a glance, my gut was telling me whatever she saw was not something I'd be happy to hear. 

"Hmm?"

"What did you see?" 

"Bella," I held my breath. "She's going to Jacksonville this weekend." 

Oh, "To get away from Victoria?" 

Alice nods, "She doesn't know that." 

"Wait... what?"