Seattle part 2 3.22

Despite my reluctance, Jasper insisted we track Victoria's scent

Despite my reluctance, Jasper insisted we track Victoria's scent. Of course, the salt water had made her scent faint, near impossible to follow; needless to say we didn't get too far before I convinced Jasper to head back to the house.

"How'd the hunting go?" Emmett grins suggestively.

"Emmett-"

Jasper let out a dry laugh, using his arm to prevent me from giving Emmett the rematch he was asking for, "Mary encountered Victoria." 

Those three words brought everyone into the living room.

I could tell by Edward's furrowed brow that he was sifting through my thoughts, and I surprisingly allowed him to relive the exchange. He is the first to speak, "Victoria... she sees you as an asset to her."

"What happened?" Carlisle asks.

"She said she had some sort of plan... or role for me." 

"If it's an army in Seattle she might be looking for a second in command," Jasper muses.

"But I would see her behind the disappearances and killings," Alice objects.

"The incident with the shifters... I don't think she expected you to have a power" Edward speaks on what I'm already thinking. 

"She can't find out about me seeing James; I need to keep him blocked out. When he got near me in the woods I had a horrible feeling."

Jasper wraps his arms tighter around me.

"She may already suspect something."

I frown at Edward, "Read the room, my dude, that is not something I want to hear right now." 

He puts his hands up in surrender, "She's smart, dangerously so. We can not underestimate her, not when she is clearly here for vengeance."

"Edward's right," Rosalie crosses her arms. "Plus, I really don't want to have to move again just yet, so we need to control the Seattle situation."

"What if..." I don't finish the thought out loud, I used my power to figure out if the missing Seattle people are really missing or undead. I look at Edward for reassurance. 

"It's a gamble for sure, do you have the type of control?" 

Jasper looks at me, "What are you thinking about?"

"If I went through the list of missing people, if I could see any of them to confirm their death or lack thereof it might help solidify whether or not these people were hunted and killed or if there is some type of army." 

"I say it's worth a try," Esme smiles reassuringly.

Jasper and I share a look before he speaks, "Do you want me to stay with you?"

I smile and give a small nod, "It's still scary - not knowing - but I think I'm getting more accustomed to it." 

~ ~ ~