Divorce

Husband Reader; Wife Ruby

-----

Weiss, Blake and Yang sighed as they sat at the table. They looked over as you and Ruby were over by the drink machine.

"You're suppose to fill it slowly. Otherwise it fills up with fizz and you get less soda. Idiot."

They were in a family restaurant. And it was suppose to be a happy time. Instead, you and Ruby were fighting over basically nothing.

"It's fine if you stop and wait. Then you can fill it up more. Think (y/n), think!"

This wasn't the first time that you and Ruby were having a public argument. You and Ruby had been married for 3 months, yet for the past 2 months there has been constant fighting.

"Yang, can't you say something." Weiss asked quietly as you and Ruby continued yelling.

"Look, I agreed to not get involved unless it turns physical." Yang stated angrily. As the older sister, she wanted to beat you senseless but a talk from Ruby put her on standby.

"WE'RE GETTING A DIVORCE!!" You and Ruby suddenly yelled at the top of your lungs.

And the team flinched.

"They're not serious...are they?" Blake quietly asked as you stormed out the door. Ruby stood where she was, visibly shaking in anger.

Thus, after 3 months of marriage, you and Ruby were no more.

Compared to the marriage, the divorce process was smooth. Almost too smooth...

Possessions were split up evenly and fairly with no fighting what so ever. Even the housing situation was resolved quickly. Since Ruby was living with you at the time, she simply moved out and stayed with her team. She even changed her last name back to Rose.

Despite this, Yang was vindictive. Through Weiss and Blake, they kept tabs on you and were happy with what they were hearing.

A month after the divorce, you were fired from your job. The reasoning was dubious but the three were too happy at the results to look further into it.

Shortly after, you moved away to Atlas. You got a job as a mercenary and according Weiss's information, you weren't causing any problems.

But problems occurred closer to home.

A year after the divorce was finalized, Ruby had a big announcement.

"I'm pregnant."

Her team as well as Tai and Qrow where there to receive the happy news.

Of course, the question of the father permeated their minds. And Ruby's answer did not sit well.

"It was a one night stand." She stated plainly.

Needless to say, everyone exploded at that. They became angry and they scolded her about being irresponsible.

"Who is the father? We will make him take responsibility."

Ruby shook her head and she glared at everyone. They were all unnerved and shocked by how fiercely she responded.

"I don't know! I didn't ask his name and I don't have his number!"

And afterwards, whenever the topic of the father was brought up, Ruby would fiercely strike it down.

Though they did their own investigations but they weren't able to find anyone.

Of course, one possibility of the father was you. But you were quickly dismissed.

The timing did not match. You and Ruby would have been divorced for several months by the time of conception. And with how bitter the marriage ended, they could not see the possibility of Ruby spending a night with you.