Jelousy

It was a normal day on campus as Ruby was looking from around the corner. She was currently partaking in her favorite hobby next to eating cookies. Watching you.

She was watching you so intently that she didn't notice someone sneaking up behind her.

"Whacha doin?"

The sudden voice so close to her made her flinch. She turned to face the voice only to see that it was from Yang.

"What's up sis?" Yang questioned. She wondered why she was hiding around the corner.

Ruby immediately thought about you and blushed. She came up with an excuse.

"Just enjoying the view..."

Yang took a look at what Ruby was looking at and she saw you in the distance. She smirked as she looked back towards her sister.

"Ruby you should go talk to him."

Ruby knew who her sister was talking about and pretended to be oblivious. "W-Who?"

"(y/n). Come on sis, it's clear you have a crush on him."

"I-I don't have a crush on (y/n)..."

Denial. Whenever Yang teased her sister about having feelings for you, she would deny it and run away. While Yang got a lot of enjoyment out of it, the shipping part of her wanted to see you and Ruby together. Plus she made a bet with Weiss that Ruby would confess to you. And so, she needed to force the situation.

"Well if that's how you feel, maybe I should give him a shot."

Ruby went wide eyed in shock and slight anger.

"What!?"

"I'm going to ask him out." Yang answered smugly.

"No! You can't!" Ruby answered back.

"Why not? You said you don't like him." Yang plainly replied. Ruby started to regret her words.

"He's not someone you should date!" She replied, hoping to deflect her sister to someone else.

Yang decided to tease her sister a little more. "Come on! I bet he looks really hot with his shirt off."

Ruby's face started to feel warm at the memory of it. She had seen your shirtless body before and couldn't help but agree.

"A guy like him should totally be my boyfriend."

However the thought of that broke Ruby out of her reverie.

"Yang, NO!"

"What? He won't say no to me~"

"Yang..." Ruby started to tremble in anger.

"And on our first night together we'll totally fu-"

"NO! HE'S MINE!!" Ruby roared in jealous fury.

Yang was taken aback from her sister's sudden outburst. Ruby immediately regretted what she had just said.

"I mean...he's my friend..." She corrected, in a much quieter tone.

Yang simply smirked while Ruby held her head down in embarrassment.

"Come on, Sis. Just be honest and tell him how you feel. I'm sure he feels the same way."

"...I said I don't like him that way..."

Yang rolled her eyes as her sister fell back into denial. However, looking back towards you, she spotted something.

"Hey isn't that Coco and Velvet talking to (y/n)."

Ruby turned back and sure enough Coco and Velvet were talking to you. She watched for a bit and everything seemed normal. But things started to change when both Coco and Velvet took a step closer to you and were getting uncomfortably close. Yang watched her sister's face tense up as she continued looking.