Even Number

Wife/Mother Ruby x Husband/Father Reader

Mother's Day Special

-----

You considered your life perfect. You had a wonderful wife and beautiful children.

Of which, you had just put the children to bed and were now heading to your room to sleep.

And when you entered your room, you found your wife waiting for you.

Ruby Rose (l/n), your wife and mother to children. She was laying on her side and she smiled once you entered.

Her pose was odd, while laying on her side, she was using her hand to prop head up.

In addition, she was wearing a very revealing nightgown. It accentuated her bust and curves.

You suspected something and once you laid down, Ruby made her move.

She closed the distance, kissing you as she straddled you. Your arms wrapped around her as her body pressed against yours.

And after the passionate kiss, you had to question.

"Woah, where is this coming from?"

Ruby's cheeks were red and warm as she hovered over you. She gazed at you and you could see the seriousness in her eyes.

"I want another child." She said softly.

You blushed at her request. It was mostly from what it would take to fulfill said request. And despite being very tempting, you had reservations.

"Rosebud, I love you very much but isn't 3 enough?"

Yes, you already had 3 children. Ruby had already given birth 3 separate times and yet she wanted another.

But it's not like another child would be problematic.

Financially, you were well off. You and Ruby had well paying professions. The house you were currently in was spacious and already paid for. The savings you both had was substantial.

Finally, you had the close support of friends and family. Tai and Ruby's team was a scroll call away. And Qrow frequently pops by unannounced to spoil your kids.

Ruby rubbed your cheek as her heart raced. The question you posed did not dissuade her.

"I want a big family. You know that." She answered confidently. She knew you would not deny her.

And after a moment, you nodded. You knew Ruby's love for family and there was little harm in children. Perhaps another child wouldn't be so bad...

But it would be bad. Because your next child did not come alone.

For in 9 months, Ruby would give birth to twin girls.

(Timeskip 2 years later, as Chibi Ruby nuzzles Chibi (y/n)'s cheek)

The news was a shock to everyone and you felt proud for making twins.

However, complications arose.

While the newborns were healthy, it was still a stressful time. Despite having gone through the process 3 separate times, it was challenging raising two newborns at the same time. In addition, your other children were still growing, introducing separate and new issues.

Thankfully you did receive support from the extended family and they would drop by frequently to spoil and fawn over your children.

"Darling?"

You were taken out of your thoughts as Ruby called your name.

You were laying in bed and turned over to see Ruby in the doorway.