Confession

First chapter of this mess. Enjoy

---

You wanted to confess to the leader of Team RWBY, Ruby Rose.

You had met Ruby on the first day you arrived at Beacon and while it wasn't love at first sight, you became quick friends.

But as you hanged out with her and her team, you started to fall for her.

From her cute laugh which made your heart skip beats to her silver eyes which made your legs weak, you completely fell in love with her.

"(y/n)?"

The hardest part was telling her. You were worried that she wouldn't return your feelings. And it didn't help that you turned into a blushing and stuttering mess at the mere sight of her,

"(y/n)."

And she had always talked about how great of a friend you were, the friend zone killing your any hope you had.

"(Y/N)!!!!"

You were shaken out of your thoughts as your named was screamed from behind.

You spoke and started to turn around. "What do you-"

You froze and you immediately turned red.

"Ru-Ru-Ruby?!" You shrieked.

The beautiful girl of your dreams that you were just thinking about was now standing in front of you, Ruby Rose.

"Are you alright?" Ruby asked.

"Fi-Fi-Fi-Fine!" You managed to get out. You started sweating in sheer panic and you gripped your arm to control your shaking.

She looked unconvinced. "Well...okay."

She looked away, her cheeks turning a little red, though she still stood very close to you.

"Um..." She muttered and you immediately reacted.

"YES?!" You screamed, earning a yelp from Ruby as she flinched at your sudden outburst.

You immediately covered your mouth. As you lowered your head in morbid shame. You glanced up seeing Ruby giving you a weird look.

"S-Sorry..."

She started to twiddle her fingers as she spoke again. "Uh, can you follow me?"

Not sure what else to do, you accepted. "...sure..."

You followed Ruby, the two of you saying nothing as she lead you to a secluded area of the school.

Once she was sure that the two of you were alone, she turned and faced you.

She didn't say anything at first. She simply looked at you with those precious silver eyes, as if gazing into your soul.

"...Ruby...do you need something?" You somehow managed to speak somewhat normal this time.

"(y/n). You always make me feel safe and happy. I'm really glad that you're my friend."

You felt the friend zone suffocating you.

"I want to be more than friends. Like best friends but..." She started to blush.

It was strangling you at this point.

"What I want to really say is..."

She closed her eyes and looked like she was struggling to say something.

You felt horrible as you thought she was going to reject you before you even said anything. Your eyes started to water as your heart ached. You took a step back and was about to make a run for it when you felt a tug on your arm.

You looked down, seeing Ruby's hand grip you. As you looked back up, you saw her leaning forward towards you. Then something soft pressing against your lips.

You could faintly remembered the taste of cookies as Ruby moved back.

"I really like you! Can you be my boyfriend?"

...

...

"....eh?"