Double the Surprise

Mother Ruby, Father Reader

Father's Day Special

Also wasn't sure where I was going with this.

-----

Ruby breathe heavily as she looked down at the newborn life she had just given birth to. She was sitting in a hospital bed and in her arms was a healthy baby boy. 

Your baby boy.

"Good job dear." You complemented as you rubbed her back. Having been in labour for hours, you knew she deserved a well earned rest.

Ruby giggled as she didn't take her eyes off her son.

"He's so adorable." She gushed. 

"He has your cheeks. He'll be handsome like his father." She looked up at you and smiled.

You smiled back then leaned in to give Ruby a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Excuse me." A voice called out.

You and Ruby turned to see a nurse stood the doorway.

"I'm sorry. We can't hold back your family any longer." You then heard the sound of gun fire coming from the hallway behind her.

You and Ruby shared a look before telling the nurse to let everyone else in.

A moment later, you could hear the sounds of running getting louder as your extended family neared. 

You took that time to take a few steps away from Ruby's bed. You knew that the moment they entered, they would see your son in Ruby's arms and would immediately crowd around the bed.

"What are you doing?" Ruby questioned. 

"It'll be a surprise. They won't notice until it's too late." You replied as you took your place in the far corner of the room.

And just as you did, the door burst open as everyone entered and crowded around the bed.

Your extended family: Tai, Yang and Qrow were there. Weiss and Blake were also with them, they were going to be godmothers. 

You were completely ignored as they started fawn over the newborn boy.

"Grandfather! I'm a grandfather!" 

"He's so adorable!"

"So...cute..."

"Auntie Yang is here!"

You laughed but you weren't the only one, there was also a small giggle.

Qrow heard this and he took a quick look at you before going wide eyed in shock.

Blake also took a glance at you, her joy wearing off as she wondered why you weren't by Ruby's side. She looked at you and blinked before looking back at Ruby. However, she did a double-take and looked back towards you.

Ruby started to laugh, much to the confusion of everyone still focused on the boy. Then they noticed the staring and looked towards you, freezing at the sight.

While Ruby sat on the bed holding your son and you stood away, holding her daughter in your arms.