The Early Rose gets the Worm

Ruby paused as she stood in front of her dorm room door. She could hear her teammates yelling.

"I'm confessing to him!

"No! I am!"

"He clearly likes me. You two back off!!"

For the past two months, her team was arguing over some guy. She never learned who and she tried to mediate but always to no avail.

She huffed as she prepared herself before opening the door. Sure enough, Weiss, Blake and Yang were facing off in the middle of the room.

"Hey team."

They paused their feuding briefly to greet her before glaring at each other again.

Ruby sighed. She naturally didn't like seeing her team like this.

"I'm sure there's a better way to resolve this."

The three frowned and looked back at her.

"Stay out of this Ruby, you won't understand." Weiss barked.

"Sorry Sis, you're too young for this." Yang added.

"She's right. This is a woman's battle." Blake finished.

Feeling somewhat insulted, Ruby rolled her eyes.

"Have you tried asking him? Maybe he has feelings for one of you."

Her reply resonated as they paused and blinked. Ruby could practically see the cogs turning.

She smiled happily, seeing that it seems like progress has been made.

"Well, I'm going to Vale. Good luck!" She waved before walking out.

The three started to relax as they starting thinking about it.

"She's right. What if we let him decide?"

The three nodded before they walked out the door to find...YOU.

Since meeting Team RWBY, the three had each fallen for you. Unfortunately, each of them realized the other's feelings for you. And so for the past two months, they had been fighting over who gets to confess first.

Finally they found you. You were by the Cliffside, waiting for a ride to Vale.

They were made unhappy when they saw Ruby was with you. As they walked up, they could hear both you and Ruby talking.

"Then when I got out of the Puma, he flipped it over and smacked me!

Ruby giggled and she hugged your arm, much to the three's disgust.

Weiss, Blake and Yang let out an audible "Tch" as they approached.

"(y/n)." They called out.

You turned to the three. Ruby was confused at seeing her team again so soon.

They walked up and it was clear to you they were in a bad mood based on their expressions.

"Didn't you say you were going to Vale?" Yang asked, directed at her sister.

"Yeah, I'm hanging out with (y/n)." Ruby answered plainly.

To the three, it sounded like she was about to have a date with you. They shook their heads, trying to get rid of the implications.

"(y/n), can we talk to you?" Weiss barked.

You nodded and you waited for them to start.

The three glared at Ruby which confused you. Meanwhile Ruby was starting to connect the dots.

"Ruby, can you please leave." Blake asked harshly.

"Yeah sis, let go of him." Yang added, her gaze fixed on Ruby's arms around yours.

You raised an eyebrow, confused at the hostility being directed at Ruby.

"Wait, you can't say this in front of her?" You questioned. It was definitely weird to you considering she was their leader.

Ruby started to panic as the three started to fume. Her grip around your arm got even tighter.

"Let's just do it." Yang stated to which Blake and Weiss nodded.

The three got even closer to you.

"(y/n). We love you."

"We've been arguing about who gets to be with you."

"Please go out with one of us."

Needless to say, you were shocked. You looked to Ruby, she was tightly hugging your arm and her face was buried into shoulder. Judging from her reaction, it was a shock to her as well.

You could feel her shaking in fear. And you did not like to see her like this.

But of course, your answer was easy.

"I'm sorry, but I won't go out with any of you."

It wasn't just a shock to the three but to Ruby as well. You then grasped Ruby's hand and showed it to them.

"I'm with Ruby."

"WHAT?!" The three screamed.

They glared at Ruby like she was a thief. "When!?"

She lowered her head in shame and guilt, not that she deserved either.

"A month ago..."

Then they realized, if they hadn't gotten distracted with fighting each other, perhaps they could have confessed to you first.

You turned to Ruby, hugging her and kissing her forehead before glaring at her team.

"I love her and I'm not leaving her for any of you."

You walked off, pulling Ruby with you and leaving her team to stew in their bitterness and regret.

You could hear sniffling and you gripped Ruby's hand tightly.

"I don't deserve you." She muttered.

Compared to her team, she felt as if she had nothing to offer. For a moment after her team confessed to you, she really thought you would leave her.

You stopped and turned to her. "Ruby, you had the courage and conviction to tell me how you felt. All by yourself. I love that about you."

You kissed her. She was surprised but quickly melted, her mouth opening allowing your tongue access to explore. You lapped her mouth a few times before finally separating.

She was blushing and grinning. She hugged you and sighed contently as she nuzzled your chest.

"I wish I was as brave as you." You admitted softly.

You patted her head and you ran your fingers through her soft hair.

"Say, instead of Vale, do you want to chill in my room instead?"

Ruby immediately knew the implications and loved it. Anything to take her mind off her team.

She perked up and smiled. "I would love that."