Flash After Your Life

You sighed as you walked through the forest. 

It was the early afternoon with the sun shining in the blue sky above. A bright happy day, a counter to what you were feeling.

You were dealing with dark thoughts of envy. You were worried about your relationship with Ruby.

After the Battle of Beacon, you stayed behind to help with rebuilding in Vale. It hurt you to stay behind, and when Yang was well enough, you joined her on the journey to reunite with Ruby.

And you did reunite with her in Mistral. 

But what troubled you was seeing Ruby and Jaune interact.

They seemed closer, and it made sense since they were a team for several months.

Several months without you...

You initially scoffed at the silly idea that you were jealous of Jaune. But those thoughts were eating at you.

And the reason why it was affecting you so? 

It was because you love Ruby Rose.

You had yet to tell her your feelings. It was the driving motive for you being here. You wanted to tell her as soon as possible, but seeing the close friendship she has with Jaune demoralized you.

You soon heard the sounds of battle. You peered through the bushes into a clearing and saw them.

Weiss and Yang were sparing. Their weapons were out, and they were in combat stances.  And behind Weiss was a white glowing Lancer.

Instead of the downstairs training room, they were outside for the larger arena. 

Yang taunted Weiss, which she responded by ordering her Lancer to fire its stinger. Yang reacted by deflecting said stinger, right into your direction

A moment later, you felt a sharp shearing pain enter your chest. You let out a gasp, and the force of the impact made you fly backwards.

Your back hit the dirt as your body became numb. 

You looked upward at the blue sky as you gasped for air. Your chest felt heavy as your arms flailed around. After a few moments, Yang and Weiss came into view and was crouched over you, trying to help you.

Your eyes didn't move, but you could see their mouths moving, though you couldn't hear what they were saying.

Everything started to turn white as you blinked. 

And finally, you closed your eyes.

They say before the end, one's life would flash in their eyes. Memories and events of their life being recalled. 

But this isn't what happened to you.

Instead, a vision of the future formed. A future of Ruby living without you.

In particular, you saw Ruby and Jaune. 

Ruby was standing over your gravestone crying with Jaune standing behind her. He placed a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

The vision faded and turned to another.

Ruby and Jaune walking through town, their hands intertwined as they looked at each other and smiled.

The vision faded and turned to another.

Ruby sitting in a chair. Jaune in front of her and on one knee as he held up a ring in his fingers. Ruby smiled before jumping off the chair and hugging Jaune.

The vision faded and turned to another.

Ruby picking up her infant daughter, who had her father's blonde hair. Jaune beside Ruby, placing a hand on Ruby's pregnant belly.