Patience

For waifu's birthday

-----

"(y/n), I love you."

Here you stood, with Ruby Rose confessing her feelings for you. However...

"Ruby I can't."

Your replied shattered her as her eyes started to water from the heartache.

"W-Why?"

"You're too young. I'm sorry."

The tears were now flooding at this point and you seriously hated seeing Ruby like that, even more because of you.

"You're rejecting me because I'm younger than you?"

You could feel the hurt and anguish in her voice.

"Ruby listen. Your feelings are just a crush, I'm sure you'll get over them."

She shook her head as she tried to wipe her tears. "You're wrong. I really do love you."

You couldn't accept her feelings, not yet anyway. You had wanted to be sure. Truly sure.

"Then... when you're old enough..." You muttered. She tensed up and listened.

"If you truly still have those feelings for me..." She looked up towards you, meeting your eyes.

"I'll return them."

Timeskip, Ruby's 18th birthday

In the years since Ruby's confession, you had remained single.

Many girls have tried to claim you, even Yang and Blake but you turned them all down.

Deep inside, you held some hope that Ruby still had feeling for you, though you never told anyone that.

And so here you were, walking through the streets of Vale with Ruby by your side.

You were tasked with keeping Ruby busy for the day while everyone else set up her Halloween birthday surprise party.

"Come on (y/n)! Can you at least tell me what kind of cake it will be?" Ruby asked while grabbing your arm.

She had been pestering you for details since the two of you set out. She obviously knew they were planning something, she just didn't know what.

"They didn't tell me anything Rubes." You responded. "They just told me to keep you busy for the day and look for a costume with you."

Ruby pouted her cheeks as she held onto your arm.

"Fine, but you owe me."

The two of you eventually made it to the costume store.

You expected Ruby to separate and search for something but instead she pulled at you.

"Lets find something that will match." She said as she tugged.

"I already have a costume." You responded as you tried to pull away.

She pouted. "Come on~ Please~"

You still resisted and realizing she wasn't getting anywhere, she decided to turn it up.

"Besides you owe me!"

And then she did something horrible. She used the infamous puppy eyes technique, which combined with her beautiful silver eyes, made it super effective.

You flinched at the sight and started to blush. Knowing she wouldn't stop until you relented, you sighed in defeat. "...fine."

And so you and Ruby searched for a set of costumes together. It took a bit of time but Ruby eventually found something that interested her.