Chocolate Covered Rose

Valentine's Day Special

Suggestive Content Warning

-----

Yang eyed her sister who was currently cooking in the kitchen. Ruby didn't say what she was doing for the day and hurried off, all which made Yang curious.

"Hey Sis!" 

Ruby flinched and looked over at Yang.

"Yang?" Ruby questioned. Yang examined the space near her sister as she walked up.

There were various ingredients and tools on the countertop. In Ruby's hand was a bowl with a ladle. And since she entered, Yang could smell what Ruby was mixing up.

"Making chocolate?" Yang asked as she stopped beside her sister.

"Yeah, (y/n) is coming back tomorrow."

'Tomorrow?' Yang thought. And she remembered. You were currently out on mission and were expected to return on Valentine's Day.

Yang hummed. "So, giving him chocolate huh?" 

With the way Yang phrased it, it didn't seem important. And that's how Ruby wanted it to be seen. She just smiled and nodded. 

"It's no big deal. I just wanted to welcome him back."

But in reality, it was a big deal. For handmade chocolate was a symbol of effort and dedication. Such chocolate wouldn't be given to just anyone. And extra points considering it was also Valentine's Day.

Yang decided to dig deep. "Guess he must be really special."

Ruby flinched and looked at her sister. Yang was grinning and wiggling her eyebrows. Ruby blushed and started to cower. She realized that Yang was implying something else.

"Y-Yeah...h-he's a...friend..." She didn't want to admit to Yang what you truly meant. 

The word 'friend' became a comfort to Ruby.

"A friend! That's all he is! A good friend!"

Yang rolled her eyes. Her sister's face looked as red as her hood. Ruby's reaction was confirmation she liked you more than a friend.

And Yang was frustrated that her sister was basically friend zoning you out of denial.

She sighed and reached over, sticking her finger into the bowl. Ruby pulled away as did Yang, who now had a plentiful amount of chocolate on her finger. She stuck it into her mouth and was surprised.

"This is good." She commented. Ruby fumed.

"It's not for you! Go away!"

The chocolate was rich and sweet. Proving the earlier idea correct, Ruby must have made great effort is making it. However, as Yang licked the chocolate, an idea formed.

"Say..." She muttered. Ruby gave her a side glance.

"I don't have any chocolate to give to (y/n)."

Ruby flinched and glared at Yang. She immediately assumed the worst after Yang teased how special you were.

"Just go buy him some." Her voice was very low and hostile. 

Yang smiled as she eyed her sister from head to toe.

(Time skip to next day, as Chibi Yang exits your room and closing the door behind her while laughing manically)

You stretched your arms as you stepped off the Bulkhead. After a few days away from Beacon, you were glad to be back.