Birthday Repetition

Honestly, terrible story title

Birthday Special

-----

Tai sighed as he looked at the calendar. In a few days would be his youngest's birthday.

He was currently waiting in his house for a certain guest. And hearing a few knocks on the door notified him. He walked over to the front doo and opened it.

You gulped as you stood a foot away from him. Naturally, you were nervous. Tai was your girlfriend's father.

"Hello Sir."

You bowed in respect. Tai laughed and waved his hand.

"You don't need to be so formal. You can just call me Tai." He welcomed you in.

You followed him to the dinning table. There were plates set out with food.

It was a lunch that Tai invited you to. You've met him before but that was with Ruby by your side.

You had some misconceptions, mostly born from how Yang reacted (and still reacts) to your relationship with Ruby, but Tai was always cordial and respectful.

Of course, without Ruby being beside you, you hoped they remained misconceptions.

So the two of you sat down to enjoy his home cooking. The food was good and small talk was made. Mostly over how life was going.

The talk was back and forth, and soothingly calm to you as he never brought up Ruby unless you did.

And then he hit you with a hard question.

"Are you and Ruby having sex?"

The impact of the question was great and it's timing was bad for you as you were mid taking a sip.

You choked and started coughing. You crouched over to the side as you coughed your lungs out, slowly recovering while at the same time trying to come up with a decent response.

And the truth in the matter was yes, you and Ruby were having sex. You glanced towards Tai, hoping he wasn't being serious. Perhaps he was just oblivious, maybe even ignorant.

Tai wasn't oblivious or ignorant at all. He asked his question precisely and was giving you time to consider everything as you got over your coughing fit.

You could see his level-headed stare as he just looked at you. There were no hints of malice or anger. He was protective of Ruby and you've seen and experienced it, but here there was none.

You rubbed your chest as you corrected your posture. You weren't sure where this conversation was going but you could see that being truthful would go a long way.

"Yes."

Your answer was short and you felt as you had to add more.

"But we're using protection."

You weren't sure if that would put him at ease.

He sighed as he nodded. And what he asked next, shocked you.

"Has she ever talked about having children?"

"NO!" You practically shouted. You covered your mouth in regret over your outburst. Tai chuckled.

"We've never talked about kids." You added, much quieter this time.

And it was then that he told a story. A story from when he was with Summer.

It was from after Raven had left, leaving him with an infant Yang. Summer helped him take care of her.

When it was Summer's birthday, she suddenly demanded to have a child with him. He refused, still heavy from Raven leaving and having to take care of Yang, but Summer did not accept his rejection.