Awakening to Fatherhood

Father's Day Special lol

-----

"Take this!!" You yelled as you sliced through a Beowolf.

You were on a mission with Team RWBY and things were getting hairy. The current plan was to lead a horde of Grimm away from a village.

And things were not going well. You took a backward glance, seeing Team RWBY fighting off the horde.

You were ahead of them on the path, trying to make sure the Grimm didn't encircle and trap you. So far, only a few Beowolves using their speed have attempted it.

It was then that you saw movement coming from the trees near the girls.

It was an Ursa, stalking in the trees as it moved unseen. Following the path of the Beowolves, it was going to flank the girls from behind.

And the closest to it was Ruby, your darling girlfriend.

You were about to yell when you heard a snarl next to you. You turned to see a Beowolf lunging at you with its claw.

You braced yourself and took the hit, feeling big shock to your aura.

In one swift movement, you shoved back at the Beowolf and sliced through its stomach, destroying it.

"RUBY!" You quickly yelled as you turned back. You saw that she was distracted slashing through a Grimm in-front of her.

And that's when the Ursa took the chance to charge at her.

Ruby only had enough time to turn towards the Ursa that was swinging at her.

Seeing your precious Rose in danger, you mustered all your remaining aura and dashed towards her.

With strength and speed, you pushed Ruby out of the way.

But the Ursa's paw still came down, now onto an auraless you.

You felt it, a mass searing pain across your back. Your momentum carried you forward as your entire body went numb.

Looking forward, you could see Ruby falling backwards, a look of shock and horror on her face.

'So this is the last thing I see?' You thought to yourself as you felt yourself falling.

Your vision darkened and the last thing you felt was hitting the ground.

And you heard horrific scream as everything faded away.

"(Y/N)!!!"

(Timeskip to 8 years later, as Chibi (y/n) sleeps while cuddling a Ruby body pillow)

You slowly awoke to the sounds of a cartoon. You were groggy from waking up and your eyes felt heavy. You realized that you were laying down in some kind of bed.

You slowly peered around the room and from what you could tell, it was a hospital room from all the monitors littered around.

There was one unusual exception, a boy sitting in a chair a few feet away from the bed you were on. He was looking up at the TV, watching a cartoon. You weren't sure who he was and it appeared that he didn't notice that you were awake.

"Hello?" You greeted warily and groggily. It felt exhausted just speaking. You watched as the boy flinched, probably by surprise. He turned to look at you.

The boy was young, your best guess was 6 years old. He had (h/c) hair and his face seemed oddly familiar to you. But most striking of all was that he had silver eyes. 

He was wide eyed when he looked at you but after a moment he calmed down. From what you could tell, it looked like he knew you.

"Hi!" He greeted happily.