Baker

Cookiemancer Reader 

Inspired by a throwaway line from Yang

-----

You hummed happily as you wiped the countertop. It was the middle of the afternoon and school was getting out. 

But your education was that of desserts with a specialty for cookies. 

You owned a small bakery in Vale. You were the only employee but you loved your job and even your semblance was tailor fit to it. 

Currently your shop was void of customers. Business was slow and you did not have much means for advertising. Despite that, the customers you do get are repeats and very loyal.

As you finished wiping the countertop, the door opened with the a chime signaling entry of a visitor.

A familiar red-hooded girl entered. Ruby Rose, she was your daily customer. She visited everyday after classes were done at Beacon.

"Hey (y/n)"

You winked at her. "Hey Rosebud. Here for the usual?"

Your relationship together was very close and friendly. She first visited your shop to taste your cookies and had since bonded with you over your cooking. 

She nodded and you handed her a bag filled with cookies. You were always prepared and ready for your regulars.

She immediately opened it and excitedly ate the first cookie. It was chocolate chip and strawberries, a combination she didn't know she needed until you made it for her.

It was a combo you made after you noticing her love for chocolate chip and her favoritism over strawberries.

Ruby sighed contently as she chewed. The flavors complimented each other and the chewy texture made her mouth water.

With an energetic swallow, she just had to comment something. Something she had been thinking about for a while since she became a regular.

"I could eat your cookies everyday."

Ruby blushed after she said this. She immediately realized the implications.

But those implications went over your head. Considering she visited your shop everyday, you didn't think much on it.

You simply smiled, taking her statement as a compliment.

"Of course Ruby. I'd love to cook for you for the rest of your life."

Now it was your turn to blush as you realized the implications.

Ruby also realized it and said nothing as she continued to blush.

You looked away hoping for a distraction or something to change the subject and it was in the corner of your eye that you saw something.

You looked to the window but there was nothing there.

Ruby followed your gaze and also saw nothing.

"Something wrong?" She asked.

You swore you saw something black and yellow outside the window but you decided that it was just your imagination.

(Timeskip a few days later, as Chibi (y/n) stirs a cauldron full of cookie dough) 

You hummed happily as you wiped the countertop. It was the middle of the afternoon and school was getting out.

You awaited a certain Rose to arrive and when the door opened with a chime, you assumed she did.

Instead there was a pale-skinned girl with white hair that was in a ponytail to the side. Most striking and recognizable was a scar over her left eye.