sick, but being forced to work

random lil sickfic, but requests are almost done!! Sorry my writing is starting to get dry and the sickfics are getting rlly short, its just that school is something where you actually have to try so it's surprisingly difficult. 

Guess what? Harry's sick again. He was sick in the second to last week in Jamaica, and of course, it wasn't fun. In the last weeks of writing and shit, it's usually very busy, so he couldn't take a day off when he was sick. 

Instead, he had to sit, or in his case, lay, in the studio all day and attempt to stay awake while Jeff asked him about the production and if he had any more ideas, or anything else he wanted to add to his songs. 

He always had ideas, but when he was sick, he simply did not want to talk, to share his ideas, or do anything besides sleep. 

Harry had his head rested on Mitch's lap, more like knees, with a pillow against it. Everyone knew he was sick anyways. They were on the black couch, and he had a thin blanket on him. Sarah was just across from them, sitting on a bench near the desk. 

Harry had been struggling to keep his eyes open for the past 2 hours, drifting for about 5 minutes every 30 minutes. 

"Harry" He heard Sarah call, he opened his eyes, staring at Sarah. he hummed in question, and Sarah told him to stay awake for the hundredth time today. Harry realized that Sarah had her phone out, recording him sleeping. 

What the fuck? 

He buried his head into the pillow some more, eventually turning around completely so that his face was facing Mitch's stomach. 

"Miiiiitch." Harry said quietly, bringing the blanket over his head. 

"what?" Mitch said, slightly laughing as he shook his head. 

"tell your girlfriend to stop recording pleaseee." Harry asked, closing his eyes. 

Sarah put her phone away and Mitch took out his, scrolling through whatever he had on his phone. 

"harry, you feel really hot," Mitch said, pushing curls out of Harry's eyes. 

"well, I'm sick, what'd you expect?" Harry said. 

"yea, but you feel warmer than before." Mitch explained, putting down his phone. 

"the medicine is probably just wearing off, it's no big deal, I can just take some more later, what's Jeff doing?" Harry asked, turning back around to face Sarah. 

"I think he's doing some production work. He's gonna ask for your ideas again soon." Mitch said, picking up his phone again. 

Harry hummed and closed his eyes, wondering why he had to keep them open if nothing was happening right now, well nothing that involved him.

Just when he thought he could rest, Jeff came into the room, calling his name. 

"yea?" Harry mumbled, opening his eyes. 

"last thing before we finish up for the night, do you still want to close the gaps in "Sign of the Times?" Because, we're gonna have to add a few more vocals into the second gap, and stretch Sarah's drum solo to the third interval, and Mitch is gonna need to add another triad. But then we'll be done with "Sign of the Times" and we can move onto "Carolina." (guys none of the instrument stuff is actually in the song, it's just because i poured all of my music knowledge *which is none* into that one sentence, lmao)" 

"yea, if Mitch and Sarah are okay with recording it right now." Harry said, fitting a cough somewhere. 

Mitch and Sarah nodded, so they went into the recording room, leaving Harry alone with Jeff. 

"feeling any better?" Jeff asked, as the other Jeff went to go record with them. (confusing ik) 

"no," Harry said, taking a sip of water. 

"sorry about that, but guess what?" Jeff said, his voice getting a smidge higher at the end. 

"hmm?" 

"Once Carolina is done, the album will be finished!" Jeff said, throwing his hands up in the air. 

"yayyyy" Harry said with a dry tone, all he wanted to do was sleep, not celebrate. 

All of a sudden, Harry heard drums going off, and the Sign of the Times playing. He jumped, looking around for the source, realizing Mitch and Sarah were recording again. Jeff laughed at Harry, sitting next to him. 

"do I have to do anything right now?" Harry asked, looking for earbuds to drain out the noise, which was causing him a headache. 

"no, in fact, you should go to bed," Jeff said, leaning back into the couch. The drums stopped, but now a guitar was playing, which was slightly less annoying than the drums. 

"can I actually?" Harry said, sitting up. 

"yea, we're wrapping up for the night, this is our last thing," Jeff informed, standing up. 

"oh, thank fuck," Harry said, standing up with Jeff, the guitar stopped and he entered the recording room. Mitch and Sarah were talking, Mitch's hand around Sarah's waist. 

"night guys," Harry said, waving.  

"night, rest well," Sarah said, Mitch said goodnight as Harry walked up to his room. He dimmed the lights, playing some music from his phone and going to bed. 

He was out once his head hit the pillow.