Broken Knee

(a/n i don't know how broken knees happen, or what they do to ur body physically, but i thought about harry falling and breaking something. hope you enjoy! Also, let's pretend that Mitch knows a little bit about medical for this )

Harry was on his 43rd night of his tour, out of 56. He decided before singing "kiwi," he would talk to his fans for a bit. Harry saw a fan dressed as a banana, so he started up a conversation with her. 

"Why did you dress up as a banana today?" harry asked his fan. 

"Because a watermelon would be too common." answered the fan. 

"You don't see anyone else dressed up as a watermelon do you? I don't think it's 'common'" harry joked. 

Harry crouched down between two speakers, knees out like a frog, he held the microphone towards the fan. They were talking for about two minutes, before Harry lost his balance. He couldn't balance like a frog forever, but he thought he could go two minutes without falling.

( a/n he's falling backwards. ) 

Harry put his hand out to try and save himself, but it only led to rolling over onto his stomach. His calf was still above the boxy speaker, but his thigh was not. His knee his the speaker right at the corner, his calf stayed above, and thigh hit the ground. This caused his knee to snap, and crack. (idk) The microphone had rolled across the stage, and Harry winced at the pain in his knee. 

He managed to get into a sitting position, but nothing more. He looked back up from his knee, it looked pretty nasty. Harry had to keep it bent to avoid lots of pain. When he looked up, the first person he made eye-contact with was Mitch, who saw how much pain Harry was really in. 

Mitch put his guitar on a stand, and ran over to Harry, who was now groaning in pain, and almost crying. 

"What happened?" Mitch asked, even though he saw it all. 

"Erm, AHHH, tripped, and hurt m-my, AHHH, knee." Harry responded. Mitch looked at Harry's knee, which was a little crooked. Harry's hand was on it, which Mitch removed. Harry leaned back, trying to make the pain a little more bearable. 

The next thing Harry knew, was that he was being carried by Mitch to a stack of instrument cases. 

"Harry, I'm going to straighten out your knee okay? I think it's dislocated, if I can't fix it right now, we are going to need to get you to hospital, might be broken." Mitch said. 

Harry nodded his head in reply. Mitch then took Harry's ankle with his right hand, and the top of his kneecap with his left. He pulled Harry's ankle outwards, and pushed down his kneecap. Harry winced, and let out a painful cry when Mitch pushed down the knee. 

Mitch sighed and signaled management to call 991. 

"Harry, it's broken, and you gonna want to keep it a little bent, not too much though. It's not too severe." Mitch informed. 

Harry sat on the instrument cases, trying to keep his knee a little bit bent like Mitch had told him. Meanwhile, Mitch had his hand on Harry's back, making small circles in comfort. The paramedics came 5 minutes later, getting Harry onto a stretcher, and put on a temporary cast on his knee. 

They had put an oxygen mask on Harry, which gave him anesthesia (a medical gas that makes you go to sleep) to help him with the pain. 

The arrived at the hospital 20 minutes ago, but Harry was still asleep. Mitch had driven to the hospital to take Harry back home after he woke up. 

Harry's eyes finally started to flutter open, and it took him a second to figure out where he was. He groaned and sat up. There was now a proper cast on his knee, and he had a medicine like taste in his mouth. 

He looked around the room again, he saw a nurse, an empty chair, next to a chair occupied by Mitch Rowland. The anesthesia still making him groggy, caused him to close his eyes again. Mitch walked over and lightly tapped him on the cheek, keeping him awake. 

"How are ya feeling?" Mitch asked. 

"Erm, tired, and a lil' bit nauseous." Harry replied. 

"Yea, normal, just the anesthesia, it'll go away in a few hours." 

"Mmm, remind me of what happened?" Harry asked, he wasn't able to fully process what had happened. 

"Uhm, well, you tripped during the show, then you hit your leg on a speaker, which caused you knee to break. Then we called 991 and they gave you anesthesia and now your here. 

"M' kay, do I have too stay here long? Or can I go home?" Harry didn't really want to stay in the hospital room when all he had was a broken knee.

"You can go home, but I'll have to drive you because your still a lil' bit groggy. I'm gonna have to stay with you until tomorrow, or at least until the anesthesia wears off. " 

"M' kay thanks, let's go. " harry said, rubbing his eyes and swinging his legs over the side of the hospital bed. Then he remembered, he needed to use crutches. Harry grabbed the crutches, and tried to use them best he could, but figured it was easier for him to just use Mitch. 

Harry arrived home, and was taken care of by Mitch. The tour had to be rescheduled due to their messed up timing. Harry healed and got back on the road with his best lad Mitch, and the rest of the band. 

I hope you enjoyed this injury fanfic! Thought about how everyone isn't perfect, even our little angel harry styles. anyway, thanks for reading! Also, at the end i got, like, obsessed with the word anesthesia, so that's why i said it sooo many times. :)