||Chapter 39!!||

~Previously on 'Second Place' in Chapter 38~

Alright so basically class tied up Hawaiian Shirt Assassin and basically when they get to the next floor there's this blonde guy (blonde assassin) there who's basically gonna try and kill everyone. Y/n notices something off about him, and that's when Karma entrusts her with a secret task. Then Karma decides to challenge Blonde Assassin to a fight, and now Y/n just hopes that he doesn't die...

||Y/n's P.o.v||

Karma was the first to attack, and he tried to hit Blonde Assassin with the potted plant, but he caught it in his hand.

"Too soft, hm. You'll have to find a better weapon, hm." Blonde Assassin said.

I jumped when Blonde Assassin snapped he plant in half,

"Don't need one." Karma said.

Blonde Assassin tried to grab and hit Karma, but he easily dodged and blocked all of his attacks. With every passing moment as I looked on, I got more and more anxious. How could I not be though? One wrong move and Karma's head would be crushed. And here I was, standing in the back of the group waiting to 'back Karma up',

"Wow. He's dodging or blocking every blow!" Kayano spoke up.

I bit my lip, as I repeated the phrase, 'don't die' over and over again in my head. I shook my head in realization, 'No! What kind of friend am I?! I believe in everyone else in my class, so I need to believe in Karma too! Karma would never let himself be killed! He can do this!!' I argued in my head.

"That's your defense technique right, Mr. Karasuma?" I heard Orb Koro Sensei ask.

I grimaced and starred down at the gun in my hand. 'What was I supposed to do with this?? I'm not a sharp shooter, and there are just BB's in here!! What am I supposed to do?!? Just shoot him in the eyes- That's it!!' I thought.

"What's wrong, hm? You'll never get past me if you don't attack, him!" Blonde Assassin told Karma.

I glanced up to see that they had momentarily stopped fighting,

"You think?" Karma asked back.

I looked down and started loading my gun. Good thing I decided to put it in my bag, you never know when useless crap can come in handy...I aimed my gun at Blonde Assassin, I was lining up my shot when I heard Karma say,

"I mean, I could be doing my best to distract you while the rest of us slip past a few at a time."

I literally almost jumped out of my skin when he said that, because I was so sure that Karma was about to call me out like he always does. My hands were shaking, so I took a breath and composed myself again. I used my unsuspecting classmates as a blind spot so that Blonde Assassin wouldn't be able to see me. Karma was obviously counting on me to do something if anything went south, so I needed to use my best judgement in order to shoot at the right time...If I had to that is...

"Relax." Karma said.

Then again, I thought he was talking to me. Even though he wasn't I still felt more calm,

"No underhanded hijinx here. Now...it's my turn." Karma said to Blonde Assassin.

Karma cracked his fingers and I got chills. Karma's so cool sometimes! Karma started hopping back and fourth like he was a street fighter character, and he put up his arms in the fighting position. I beamed in awe, I was totally lost in the moment,

"Barehanded, like you. We'll settle this fair and square, man to man." He said.

"I like that face of yours, young warrior, hm." Blonde Assassin Replied, "With you, I've got a chance-- a chance at the fair fight I can't experience in the assassination biz, hm.'