Chapter 1

She woke up from her not so peaceful slumber  by her natural alarm and stretched her body to remove the remains of sleep in muscles and wiggled her toes and just sat on the single bed in her room for 10 minutes. It was a usual thing for her to wake up before sunrise and just sit in the bed for some time. She didn't remember the last time she woke up from sunlight shining through her window or the alarm on her phone, probably it's the advantage of being insomniac, not completely but she did get much sleep , only 3-4 hrs.

Shaking the thoughts of her sleep routine she got up and made her bed, brushed her teeth, did her morning business, showered and clothed herself ready for the day. Nothing special, just skinny jeans, tank top and long hooded cardigan. Her hair in French braid as always and glasses on the bridge of her nose.

Like all other members in the Leone household, she wasn't allowed to get help of maid for any thing nor did her bathroom had a bathtub like other rooms and walk in closet but she didn't complain.
What's the need of useless luxury. We should be lucky of what we have
Like mentioned - too kind and innocent she was.

When she was ready she checked her laptop to confirm the finance reports are sent to HOD of the company she works for and her assignments too are saved. She checked her bag for all her necessary things. Satisfied with result of everything, she took her shoes in one hand ( she absolutely hated bringing shoes in the house ) and bag in other and went out of the mansion.
I don't want my parents or sister's day to ruin because of me. 
With that thought she sprinted out of the house without her breakfast, the sun was still to rise so you can easily think how early she was. It was normal for her,  having sleeping problems and liking the peaceful atmosphere at sunrise and her family always telling to avoid coming in their site early morning it was win win situation. They definitely didn't care about her, but poor Emerson thought it was just their discipline or punishment for her.
Her parents never left any chance to tell her how much of a disgrace she is and how they hate her. She took solace in their hatred as at least they feel something for her.
She walked through the streets of New York since she liked walking and also she wasn't allowed luxury of family vehicles.
Save environment. Was what she considered it. But deep down she knew that it was just hatred for her.
Soon she reached her destination - a single story house with white picket fence. Grandma Rose was the one to whom the house belonged, an old lady who was widow with no children of her own, her husband, who died nearly a year ago was also well known to Emerson. The couple treated her like her own. Grandpa Peter, who was ex army taught her to fight, not that she had much strength but tricks and speed for self defense and fight so she could beat up a grown man even with her thin body. He also made sure she was completely fit. Before and after him her body grew weak like she always was but she always remember his training. Grandma Rose had taught her many different things to cook and bake and being a latina she was a feisty lady.
She met them when she was 18 , helped grandma Rose with some grocery bags in a store and boom... they clicked up like a family.

Emerson entered the house with the key given to her, she put her shoes on the shoe rack , her cardigan on coat hanger and bag on the couch and sprinted towards the kitchen. Making breakfast for herself which was an apple and chocolate milk she made pancakes and simple fruit salad for grandma.
Keeping it on kitchen island for grandma to heat and eat it when she wakes she took a glass of hot water and went to grandma's room and kept in on the nightstand near her bed, knowing the first thing grandma want on bed is warm water. She wrote a good morning on a stick note and stuck it to the glass so grandma knows she was there, she kissed her cheek in her sleep and left the house taking her things and locking it out .
Looking so innocent angel in sleep dances like devil when woke up.
Emerson chuckled

She used to make them breakfast for last 4 yrs and when grandpa died she also started taking complete care of the old latina and also brought groceries and things for her by her own money she earned much to the old lady's dismay.

After that she made the way towards her university. It was just a place to study for her. She didn't have a single friend due to some bad rumours and things that happened to her in the past.
It's better to have peace than the loud buzzing of friends.
But she was kind to everyone. Some bullying always went here and there.
She attended all her classes and did her work. Eating lunch in a nearby cafe for a change as she always packed lunch from grandma's house, she attended her remaining classes, a chat with Mrs.Jones - her finance professor , called grandma Rose as usual and  working on her job and class assignment in library , she went to her house after taking takeout for grandma Rose from her favorite diner.

It was 8 pm when she reached her house. She took her shoes in hand as her parents didn't like the idea of having shoe rack near the front door, she went inside to hear a high pitched giggle of Steph and her minions. Ignoring their disgusting stares when she passed them, her mother stoped her .
"Are these your manners, ignoring our  guest and going without greeting them " Her mother asked in a stern tone.
Didn't she tell her exactly 3 days ago not to meddle in the guest business or even greet them?
Emerson was genuinely confused. But she knew better than to ask her. So as usual she obeyed "I am sorry Mother, won't happen again . Good evening "
But it definitely irked the wicked witches of West.

"Her clothes are so wierd"

"She is so disgusting I will throw up"

"Poor Mrs Leone have to deal with such a brat "

She just hung up her head low. Her tears were locked in her eyes. She wasn't allowed to cry. She didn't allow herself to cry. Swallowing the lump in her throat, she cleared her throat and bid her goodbye, "Please excuse me and enjoy your night."  After having her mother's eye roll and scoff as permission to scurry away, she left for her room.

She freshened up and dressed herself in a comfy skirt and t-shirt and slippers, all brought from her own money since her parents stopped when she turned 16 , she completed her work and went to dinner downstairs as she was called which was rare. Obviously she ate more insults than the dinner which was just 2 eggs and water to which she was satisfied, she again went to her room , did her remaining work, studied, submitted her office work, assignment, some texting to grandma, she sat on her windowpane and stared at the stars listening to music with her wireless pods.
She went to sleep at nearly at 1am thinking tomorrow will be same.
Little did she know