Chapter 20

A person burst through the door, making everyone freeze wide eyed.

Henry Stone.

Henry Stone was respected and feared by everyone. He could make anyone pee their pants just by looking at the person.
He was intimidating.
Generally Henry used his own office and his visits to Adrien's building were rare but the staff didn't know he was eating lunch in the same building for past 3 days.

Rumours about founder of Stone Enterprises were dangerous, and how he would destroy any person or business with his snap of fingers even if they look wrongly in his direction . But Emerson knew better than to believe rumours.
He was only grandpa Henry for her.

All the other candidates believing rumours and his employees knowing how scary he can be were scared ny his presence. Adrien was also caught off guard.
The look on Henry's face proved Adrien some one was in trouble. Hel had a cold look on his face.
Emerson was both confused and intimidated.

Everyone stood up in there places and Adrien gave his seat to Henry. Adrien was provided another chair by Carl.

Henry's gaze swept on everyone.

" The candidates selected from their respective universities, who don't have the best academic results are not to come tomorrow. They are removed from this program. Their unies would be contacted and given strict warning of pulling such stunts where useless people are sent in an exclusive programs just because of their relations. Their chances for internship are gone. Not that they had any in the first place. "

Faces of more than half girls and some boys went pale.

"Stone Multinational do not want the type of employees who can risk the company's profit and future just to satisfy their own ego. So it would a shame to ban two top students from Stone Multinational and their co- companies.  They both destroyed their future firsthandedly even with a talent to do better . So Mr Nick and Ms. Dickson, pack your things. We don't want people who steal other person's hardwork. We play fair. "

The pair went pale as ice.

"And if any other candidate has problem with Adrien Stone giving Ms Emerson extra time, you can come to me directly instead of threatening her of staying away from your man, who was never yours in first place. And about giving her extra time, she deserved it. Her presenting, her work was too intriguing to stop her in middle. Talent here is never ignored and a person worth something is provided with it. "

He turned to a furiously blushing Emerson,
"Ms Emerson, please remember to report the people who are harassing you are stealing your papers. Keeping quiet against wrong doing isn't allowed here. "
He said in a stern voice.

Emerson just nodded wondering how he even knew about the harassing and threatening.

Now Adrien understood her tense posture the other day and today. He wanted to rip out the guts of the people who dared to threaten her.
She could have told me.
Why would she?
I am her husband.
And who told her she is not your wife.

Adrien felt really guilty.
He judged her too quickly.

7 girls, 3 boys and the  paper stealing pair were sent back home and their colleges were informed and warned.

Other candidates were also dismissed.
But Adrien saw the blondie walked towards Emerson.
"How may I help you? "She asked politely.

" Can we talk? "

Emerson looked hesitant.
"Look, I understand you don't remember me, but I want just a few minutes. Can we have a coffee and talk? "

Adrien clenched his fists.
Henry looked amused.

" I am sorry but I have to go home soon. We can talk here. " She politely declined his coffee offer.

"Oh. Your husband must be waiting home. " His tone held a bitter undertone.

Henry and Adrian both were waiting for her reaction .

"Yes.He is. " She smiled.

Henry was amused and Adrien didn't know what to think.

"Oh ok. Can we talk outside. With some privacy? " He pressed again.

"No please. I am already late. "

The blondie sighed in defeat.

" I know 7 years is a long time, but girls generally remember their first boyfriends" He spoke.

Adrien tensed and Emerson looked confused.

"Pardon?"

"I am Dave. Williams."

Emerson froze. Adrien and Henry both noticed it.

"Oh. You look different." She commented carefully.

"Come on. You know you can't remember faces and names for a long time. But didn't expect you to forget me."

"Probably. But it's the truth"

"Yeah. I - I ju-just wanted to tell you something. " He stumbled on his words looking nervous.

"Yes? "

" I am sorry for what I did E . I really am. But it was my stupidity in teenage to be popular and I acted on it. I know it was wrong, but please forgive me I am really sorry. "

Adrien was not anxious.
What the hell did he do?

" Don't be. I am thankful for what you didn't do. You told everyone we slept which was literal tuth, you slept beside me, just the public humiliation was uncalled for."

Adrien was raging inside and even Henry
looked angry.

" I am sorry. I just wanted to win the bet but I really liked you, I like you even now, that's why I didn't have sex with you to break your heart next day. I wanted to contact you then but it wasn't possible. And now I found you, you are married. " He sighed.

"I forgave you a long time ago Dave. Because of you I learnt something really important. Self control and patience. Thanks about it. And as for breaking my heart, it was never yours to break. You will  definitely find someone who will love you the same you will love love her.
I am married and happy with it."
She calmly and politely told him

"I just wanted a second chance. Can't I get it? " He was adamant.

What the hell is wrong with you asshole she told you she is married.

"My loyalty and duties are important to me Dave. Even if I wasn't married, there are no feelings within me for you. Not even a tiny spark to ignite a fire, just ice. So me being married has nothing to do with it. " She stated in a little stern tone.

Adrien sighed in relief and Dave stormed out.

Emerson just sat back on the chair, her head on table.

After 5 minutes, she got up and turned towards the Stone grand - father-son.
Good evening Grandpa. 'Good evening Mr. Stone. Thank you for today. It means  a lot to me." She softly stated.

Henry shook his head.
"It was being fair Emerson. You should have told someone. And know nothing can get past me. "

She nodded.

"I will go now, you can speak with Adrien now. " With that Henry left the room.