Chapter 33

"Care to explain Mrs Stone?"

Emerson stared at him blankly. Her stubborn self was coming out.

Adrien too wasn't backing up.
"I know space is important sometimes, but fleeing from the country without telling anyone, specially when I wasn't in the city is wrong." He sated calmly.

Emerson slightly narrowed her eyes at  him.
"It's not wrong when I messaged you that you will see me after few months. The program is important for me, having space here was just an extra advantage" She replied.

Adrien sighed and stepped near her.
He rested his head on her shoulder and rubbed her forearms, sending fire tra
"We should talk later, properly."
He whispered.

Emerson hummed.

He stepped back and let his gaze roam lazily on the cabin.
He was astonished by the decor, frames and homey feeling.

Emerson took some juice for him.

Adrien turned towards her.
"Did you decorate all of this on your own? " He asked.

Emerson nodded.
"I always wanted to do this." She smiled softly.

Adrien's eyes softened a bit.
"It looks so homey."

Emerson smiled in response and gave him the glass.

When his gaze stopped on the framed certificates and awards, his breath hitched and he was awestruck.

She has 7 times more awards and certificates than me.

He thought, dumbstruck.

"Damn Emerson, you are a prodigy." He muttered and Emerson froze, her gaze lowering, an uncomfortable expression on her face.

She never liked when people said that.
Her classmates called her that like it some time of curse or disease.

Adrien noticed the change in her demeanor and frowned in confusion.
"I will give up my company for your brain, you must be so proud." He said, wiggling her eyebrows.

Emerson was confused,
"You aren't mocking me? "

Adrien frowned.
"Why would I? It's a blessing, a big blessing." He told her in duh tone.

A soft smile grazed her lips.

"I should say I am more than proud of you." He said looking closely at each certificate and award.

'Someone will be more than proud of you Emerson, the true human. He or she will make you know how fortunate you are to be this smart.' Grandpa Peter's words rang in her ears.

Her eyes watered and she hugged Adrien from behind, catching him off gaurd but he immediately relaxed, his hands covering her.
He felt something wet on his back and he immediately turned towards her.

He saw the tears in her eyes and his eyes softened.
He cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears.
"Hey hey, I didn't mean to make you cry."

Emerson shook her head, a smile grazing her lips.
"I am not crying, having someone to be proud of you makes you more than happy. It just overwhelmed me and I couldn't stop myself." She spoke, her voice barely above a whisper.

Adrien understood her feelings. He felt the same way when she told everyone in the office she respected him and idolized him.

He smiled and pulled her in a warm embrace.
She happily snuggled closer to him.

~~~~~~~~~

Adrien changes his clothes into sweatpants and tee, as his suitcase was with him.
Meanwhile Emerson made some snacks for them.