Chapter -54

The sky danced between the hues of red, orange , pink and violet, as if colors mixed in a palette.

The birds returning home, their silhouette making the sky look more beautiful.

The grassland looked aesthetic, with the couple sitting on the now still horse, with one leaning on her back on the others chest while the watched the kaleidoscope in the sky, and the other one caressed her knuckles softly.

"It's beautiful." Emerson whispered.

Adrien smiles softly.

"It is." He said, looking at the dusky sky.

"It feels so soo that we have to return. I still want to go back on the trail." Emerson said.

Adrien wrapped his arms around d her and gave her a squeeze.

"We can come back here again in near future. But we need to leave now. It's freezing." He said.

That's when she noticed the goosebumps on her skin and the chilly breeze.

Emerson nodded.

She turned the horse and returned to the stables.

The ranch master smiled at them and helped them get down the horse.

Well, help Adrien, because Emerson was already good at it. 

"We can have dinner at a restaurant near Thames, an old English restaurant. It's quite famous in the area, but if you want we can go somewhere else." Adrien spoke once they left the ranch after bidding the ranch master goodbye.

Adrien, even though if happy, was still a little scared deep inside that he might do something wrong and Emerson would flip. And what good moments they enjoyed from the morning would end badly.

Emerson smiled at him.
"Well, I would love too. And near Thames at the dusk sounds good."

Emerson, after a long time, of probably years felt more content than ever.

The worry of Michael's case was still on her mind, but she ignored it for then.
She just wanted to bask in the affection and warmth.

Adrien gave her a toothy grin, looking boyish.

"Then lead the way, my lady." He said while bowing like an 1800s English gentleman.

Emerson giggled lightly at his actions, feeling giddy and drunk with happiness.

She put her hand in his and curtesing, was about to lead the way when Adrein's phone rang and hoe cursed under his breath.

When he angrily picked up the phone and was about to shout at the person, the person on the other line spoke.
"Michael Fort and his company is in money laundering and fraud, with hidden money making to prevent taxes." A cold but familiar voice spoke.

Adrien expression changed from angry to surprised.

"Liam? " He asked.

The person on the other line hummed.

Emerson frowned.
It couldn't be my friend Liam. Why would he call Adrien.

"How do you know it? " Adrien asked calmly.

"I have my sources. Did you forget I have connections with gang? " He asked , his tone amused.

"Excuse me for a few minutes Emerson. " His statement was a statement but question. When Emerson nodded, he walked a few steps away from her.

"Why are you telling me this? " Adrien asked.

Liam chuckled.
"That bastard was lucky I didn't know what he did until yesterday. I would have killed him with my bare hands for hurting her. But I am glad you tried it. Should have done more damage." He said.