Chapter 45

Emerson wasn't usually the cursing type but one left her mouth nonetheless.

"Merda" It was just a whisper as she turned to see who it was.

Behind her was standing none other than Michael Fort, with his cousin Heather, Carl and two other people she saw in office and one she didn't know.

To her utter surprise and amusement, Michael looked concerned for her.

"You are drinking and you look so pale, aren't you taking your care, you are thinner now." He continued in a worried tone.

The people she didn't know left the  scene, probably for a drink, and Heather was glaring at her.

Adrien was watching the scene, his fists clenching. He wondered who the man was and why was he being so caring towards her.
Deep, very deep in his heart he feared maybe he will woo her away.

The others to were watching the scene, but looked like only Shan heard her curse.

Emerson was always innocent, polite and soft. But sometimes, her patience snapped and she acted out of way, pulling a facade.
Which she did then.

She feigned confusion.
"Sorry, do I know you? " She asked to Micheal.

His face burnt with embarrassment.
But he remembered well that Emerson would easily forget names and faces, but he was shocked seeing she forgot her ex fiance.

Emerson thought it was worth it. His face was hilarious to see. She could see from the corner of her eye Quinn and the twins trying to control their laughter.

He laughed, hiding his embarrassment.
"Oh god Emerson, you are still the same, forgetting people if you don't see them for a few months. It's me Micheal Fort."
He gave her one dazzling smile.

She faked a realising face.
"Oh, it's you." She said giving him a small smile, but it didn't reach her eyes and was absolutely fake.

He then suddenly frowned.
But before he could say something, Heather spoke.
"Oh, hello Mr Stone, what a coincidence." She tried giving him a flirty smile but he just gave her a nod with blank look.

"Good evening sir." Carl spoke.
He got a nod in return.

Noah observed the exchange in amusement, and much to Adrien's bad luck, he loved getting on his nerves.
"Why don't you join us? The more the merrier. " Noah said happily.

Adrien gave him a glare and Emerson was trying hard not to glare at him. She officially disliked the man.

"Sure." Both Micheal and Heather chirped happily for obvious reasons.

"Hello Mr  Stone, it's Micheal Fort. I heard a lot about you." Micheal said.

Adrien gave him a nod.
"Good things I hope." He asked in a cold tone.

Michael smiled at him.
"Who will dare to say bad things about you? " He asked, trying to butter him. Michael too was businessman after all, even if a small one.

Adrien's thoughts drifted to the day Rose visited them and insulted Adrien like he wasn't in the room.
He could feel the heat on his ear remembering how hard she twisted it.
He presses the thoughts at the back of his mind.

He gave Michael a blank look in reply.

Oliver butted in.
"I am going to the bar, what do you all want? " He asked them.

"Drinks on me." Noah said.

The twins, and Quinn cheered.

Every one ordered something like beer or mild cocktail.