Chapter 38

The whole ride Emerson was silent, listening to music and bobbing her head up and down to beats.

Adrien wanted to see what was going through her head. The way she left when he came was odd. But he knew asking her could create problems, and she won't tell him that easily. He intentionally took the longer route saying the usual route had traffic. Emerson didn't protest.
She was too occupied in her thoughts, even if it looked like she was just listening to music.

Adrien tapped her thigh making him gain her attention.

"Yes? " She asked.

"Join your phone to aux cord." He said, still driving.

She was reluctant but agreed.

Lie to me by Tate McRay started blasting through the speakers.

Said you never why do you ever lie to me baby lie lie to me...

Adrien was a little surprised by the choice of her song. He never heard it before.

So, he told her,
"I never heard it before."

Emerson shrugged.
"I hear variety of songs. Sometimes the most popular are unheard by me and the least popular arey favorites." She stated.

He nodded.

The thing was true, the songs changed from sad songs, to party songs, rap music and did complete 180 .

Emerson wasn't paying much attention to the songs, she was just feeling the beats.
Heather's words were shocking for her.
She was over Michael a long time ago, but she cherished the memories. Knowing it was all an act hurt, really hurt her.

The headache she was feeling wasn't going away. She wasn't in mood to cook for Adrien or do anything.

"Let's buy takeaway today." She suggested him, and for him it was put of blue. He had no other option than to agree. He couldn't force her to cook. But suddenly he got an idea.

"What of I cook? " He asked her.

Emerson snapped her head so fast towards him he feared she would get a whiplash.
"Wh-what? " She asked bewildered.

Adrien rolled his eyes.
"I can cook. No need to act so shocked." He grumbled.

Emerson frowned.
"The cabin appliances are only one I got, O don't want to buy new, it's irritating. So if you don't know to cook really don't." She said.

Adrien scowled.
"Let's go my penthouse then, I can cook, really." He said.

Emerson sighed.
"Let's go to my cabin. You don't have groceries." She stated.

Realisation hit Adrien.
"Ok. And don't worry I won't burn anything." He told her.

She nodded. Her headache and all those things were forgotten for the moment.
She didn't admit, but deep sown she was excited to see what Adrien could cook.

When they reached her cabin, Emerson and Adrien freshened up and Emerson changed her clothes.

Adrien removed his jacket , vest and tie.

Emerson came out changed to see Adrien now comfortable.
"You acn use the place as you like, just don't burn anything down or make a mess. " She said and sat on the couch , starting her work.

Her headache wasn't helping her and so she took Advil, and Adrien noticed.

"Are you not feeling well? " He asked, worried.

"No, just a little headache, nothing serious." She replied.

Adrien frowned.
"You should rest for a while instead if working then. Was it because of work, is it too much? " He asked her, concerned it could be because of him.